Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/18/2004 1:31:17 PM EDT
Some people will remember this one from the MRP posts the other day. Finally got some time off an decided to see what the CQB would do at something other than 100M. I have shot sub 0.6MOA @ 100M with it. The maximum range avaliable was 200M. I also did some experiementing with the click adjustments on the Leupy MR/T M1 turrets. I am by no means a LR marksman & definitely need some trigger control work among other things. But any day at the range is a good day.

The original Pic:

At the range:
As previouly descibed configuration with the additon of the Harris Bipod/ARMS#32

Results with Hornady 75gr TAP:
There are a total of 17 rnds on the target. There are two pulled hits near the base of the live round. After those (the first two), I decided to put the Shoot & See on for a little visual help  (I'm getting old I guess) and to settle down with the walk down range.
The center "group" is from the 100M zero. The second group, added 2 clicks right in windage & 4 clicks up elevation. The last one was 0 click in windage from the second group and 8 clicks down in elevation. The Leupy worked great in this small test. I will try the same with my NXS 2.5-10X when I get my next upper from Wes, hopefully soon.

I think, I'm going to keep this one.

Fix Pic.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 1:59:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Damn, doesn't anyone clean that range?  Must be a couple hundred dollars worth of brass laying around there!
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 2:09:35 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Damn, doesn't anyone clean that range?  Must be a couple hundred dollars worth of brass laying around there!

Unfortunately not. I clean up my stuff, because I reload. We tried for years, but too many people don't, alot is steel cased junk.

ETA: Thought about Photoshoping it out, but figure maybe it would embarss some of the TX shooters enough that they would start policing their own brass or casings. Guess not not.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 7:48:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Since I have had some inquires about the target shown. I need to clarify somethings. The MRP was essentially setup in a VERY stable configuration (almost benchrest stable) after the first two rounds. My intent was to see what the inherent accuracy was of my 16 SS MRP. I removed as much of myself as possible as a factor. Basically all I had to do was center the scope & touch off the KAC trigger. This is in no way a measure of my marksmanship, I can only wish it was. I should have included a pic of how I had it benchrested, but I neglected to take one.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 8:16:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Damn nice rig, can't wait until mine shows up!Thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 2:56:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Well, Ive been debating a SS barrel fo rmy MRP.  Looks like it goes on the list now....
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 3:43:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Hello guys,

I just got back from a law enforcement expo here in IL. LMT had a booth there, and had a MRP on display which they allowed me to test fire. (Full-auto)

The Rep. told me that 6.8spc barrells are being manufactured right now, and should be available within the next 8 weeks. Looks like im gonna have to pick one of these up after all
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 11:08:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Did they say anything about  fixed front sights for the MRPs? I know in a past thread that SMGLee mentioned something about this?

Jason
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 11:54:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 12:19:47 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Cant see the pics

You're late to the party friend.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 12:35:09 AM EDT
[#10]
Wow, this was certifiable thread ressurection.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 2:52:46 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Cant see the pics

You're late to the party friend.

I normally don't leave pics hosted. But I can re-post again these when I get home tonight, if desired.

Edit: Pictures restored
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 3:09:45 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Did they say anything about  fixed front sights for the MRPs? I know in a past thread that SMGLee mentioned something about this?
Jason

Sorry, nothing about this.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 1:46:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Thanks, very cool.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top