Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/17/2004 5:08:53 PM EDT
Will the Troy MRF fore-ends fit over a cut-down front sight base?  Specifically the MRF-MX (10" Extended).  I have a perm. attached FH, so removing the FSB isn't going to be easy.  Thus, I look to the Troy models.  Thanks for your help...

Link Posted: 10/18/2004 5:55:04 AM EDT
[#1]
I tried installing the Troy MRF-M (9") over a Bushmaster shaved FSB, the ones they sell on their Varmint rifles. I had to grind all four corners down to get it to fit properly.

I am going to get the PRI lo-pro gas block on Tuesday, my advise would get something along those lines.

If you want to do a full on shaving job like this one, it will work.

Pic from thezman:

Link Posted: 10/18/2004 7:08:07 PM EDT
[#2]
BTT.  Anyone else find it to be a pretty tight fit, like RCSTZ71 did?
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 5:58:06 AM EDT
[#3]
RCSTZ71, can you tell us more about the gas block in the pic?  I tired emailing thezman, but got no response.  Did he shave it and refinish it himself?  TIA.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 6:58:36 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
RCSTZ71, can you tell us more about the gas block in the pic?  I tired emailing thezman, but got no response.  Did he shave it and refinish it himself?  TIA.

Yes it looks like he did the work himself.

Here is the thread it came from:
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=4&t=205967
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 7:13:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top