Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/16/2004 5:42:33 PM EDT
Ok, got the loop today, man I'm feeling some love here.  I really like this setup!  I do have a concern about the loop though.  

Has anyone had any issues with it bending?  It does not inspire any feeling of confidence for me.  This thing just looks somewhat flimsy at the connection point, I know it is steel, at least that is what my magnet is telling me.  And the way the two side clamps fit into the bottom hole, and then engage the plastic, me thinks it wouldn't take a bunch of effort to pull it out of the hole/plastic.  I could be horribly wrong and these babies have proven them self in some serious situations (marines).  I would really like to know.  TIA

Additionally, those stops are plumb pitiful!  I had two fail me today at the fun show, talk about embarassing when you are talking to a potential customer.  What is the cost on that metal one, and does it damage the locking mechanism.  I realize it is one of those, "I would rather have a half cent part fail versuses a $2 and replacement part fail.  But if I can get the metal piece and not worry about it failing I would rather do that.  TIA

Otherwise I really like the stock, the look, and the feel are awesome!

Mitch
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 5:51:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Mitch, just give magpul a call and they will hook you up I think they are putting the metal ones in the lastest ones shipped but I cant confirm that.  I dont have the loop I have the slot and it has held up fine.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 5:56:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Kewl Tim, I know you have abused your guns in good training scenarios, that is good enough for me.  I attempted the email thingy when I did the order for the loops, I guess I just missed the order getting shipped.  I thought to myself, hey dumbass, don't they have a forum, sure as shit, I'll head over there and see about getting a metal piece.  Based on my real brief perusings they aren't getting phone calls well so I might be better served on the forum.  Thanks Tim

Mitch
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 5:57:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 6:24:44 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Ok, got the loop today, man I'm feeling some love here.  I really like this setup!  I do have a concern about the loop though.  

Has anyone had any issues with it bending?  It does not inspire any feeling of confidence for me.  This thing just looks somewhat flimsy at the connection point, I know it is steel, at least that is what my magnet is telling me.  And the way the two side clamps fit into the bottom hole, and then engage the plastic, me thinks it wouldn't take a bunch of effort to pull it out of the hole/plastic.  I could be horribly wrong and these babies have proven them self in some serious situations (marines).  

Are you referring to the single-point sling loop?

The hole isn't holding the two side clamps in place.  Their upper "arms" engage the buffer tube itself.  That's how the thing self-times once you have it close.

-z
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 9:15:44 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Additionally, those stops are plumb pitiful!  I had two fail me today at the fun show, talk about embarassing when you are talking to a potential customer.  What is the cost on that metal one, and does it damage the locking mechanism.  I realize it is one of those, "I would rather have a half cent part fail versuses a $2 and replacement part fail.  But if I can get the metal piece and not worry about it failing I would rather do that.  TIA

Otherwise I really like the stock, the look, and the feel are awesome!

Mitch

Yeah, the loop does look good.  Too bad I haven't gotten a sling for it yet.

The responses to your post really shows how many more M93A stocks are out there now compared to 8 months ago.  You see a lot more of them in pics too.  I posted about this about 3 months ago or so and didn't get shit.  I went through my first one in about 3 days.  I really slammed on it though.  The second one lasted longer, about 2 weeks.  But they were all gone in 2 months and I really tried to make the 3rd one last.  Now I don't even close it.  I just keep it to P3 as it is what I use when I am squared up.  On the range, offhand precise work is done with P5 as it is about A1 length.

It took me over 6 months to get replacement presets from Richard.  Maybe I am nontypical, but my experiences relating to Richard have not been the greatest.  Takes for fucking ever to get something.  Nice guy to talk to though.  Not to be dissing on Richard or anything, his shit is great and all, but he tried to be a one man band for too long.  Last time I talked to him he was working on trying to get some help hired.

So I just got my little baggie of presets a couple weeks ago, and you know what, I haven't bothered to put them in.  In my eyes it doesn't make or break the system.  No other stock has preset availability.  The racheting lock makes it a lot less likely to miss the positions anyways.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 4:06:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Hey 123, good to see you around.  Dang dude, you said more in this post than you did the entire w/e at the last show.  Thanks for the info.

After breaking the first two stops I made an honest effort to not abuse in any form or fashion the last one, as I was waiting for the loop to come in and didn't know if they had put more in my order.  Evidently they didn't.  At any rate, I'm out of stops.

Zak, that was part of my post initially, I know that the plastic part of stock is responsible for the lion share of securing the clamps, but plastic will bend/deform under pressure.  This is based on my installation experience.  
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 9:14:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Then again, the tail of the stock is plastic/nylon.  Your sling probably has some plastic/nylon fastex connectors or slide loops..

Link Posted: 10/17/2004 6:28:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 6:35:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Richard, thanks for the input.  I've emailed but got no response, how can I go about getting the metal part, or even becoming a beta tester for the new material stops?  

Or even a baggie of the stops for the shows.  Thanks.

Mitch
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 8:53:10 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Hey 123, good to see you around.  Dang dude, you said more in this post than you did the entire w/e at the last show.  Thanks for the info.

After breaking the first two stops I made an honest effort to not abuse in any form or fashion the last one, as I was waiting for the loop to come in and didn't know if they had put more in my order.  Evidently they didn't.  At any rate, I'm out of stops.

Zak, that was part of my post initially, I know that the plastic part of stock is responsible for the lion share of securing the clamps, but plastic will bend/deform under pressure.  This is based on my installation experience.  

Yeah, sometimes working most of a few weeks with the boss, and then going out on every weekend for shows kinda makes me a bit comatose.  Too much, too much.  Plus I think I stayed pretty busy that weekend.  Hope to see you around down there.  We are going to try and get back down in that area, but it might not be a Goodman show.  There is another one that we were referred to but I can't remember the name.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 6:28:06 AM EDT
[#11]
If you need any beta testers for the new presets, you know where to ask for volunteers right?
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 2:11:46 PM EDT
[#12]
I'd be happy to trade my M93A for a M93B Experimental!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top