Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/13/2004 8:25:41 PM EDT
Legal Transfers suggested them as an alternative to achieve 16" on a 14.5 upper and says they are milspec used by military.  Gemtech seems to make them, but doesn't list them separately.  I understand they are used to secure suppressors.

Anyone else I should know?  Where can you get one and how much do they cost?
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 8:42:49 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Legal Transfers suggested them as an alternative to achieve 16" on a 14.5 upper and says they are milspec used by military.  Gemtech seems to make them, but doesn't list them separately.  I understand they are used to secure suppressors.

Anyone else I should know?  Where can you get one and how much do they cost?

They're $85, plus I don't know how much to have it permanently mounted. Gemtech laser welds the pin, which is supposed to prevent heat damage to the bilock and muzzle. Plus you can use either the gemtech or SWR suppressor with them. As a suppreessor mounting system, I think it works very well, but they can bind up and keep the can stuck on there after a long shooting session.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 11:52:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Give Gemtech a call - they do sell the bilock separately.  That's one of the advantages of the bilock, you can have multiple bilocks mounts to swap your can around.

I know at least one ARF member who had one attached to his 14.5" to bring it to legal length.  He chose it because at the time it was one of the few that offered a flash suppressor without a bottom port to kick up dust.  The bilock is basically an extended A2 flash suppressor with small wing tabs though better machined than the stock unit.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 5:29:45 AM EDT
[#3]
If perminately attached the Gemtech Bi-Lock does bring the overall length of the barrel to just over 16"....Gem-Tech sells them seperately as does board member SMGLee at CLTactical

Good luck

Semper Fi
Jeff
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top