Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/13/2004 7:36:09 PM EDT
I'm getting a DD 9" FF tube for a 16" midlength.  Any recommendations and sources for a sling swivel to mount to the forearm?
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 7:39:26 PM EDT
[#1]
KAC clip on. They make great stuff. It comes with a spring loaded sling mount. That attaches to the sling, and clips into the piece that attaches to the rail. You can press the button and the slling somes right off of the rail. Very fast. I need to order about four of them soon.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 8:19:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Ditto... I asked the EXACT same question a few months ago (midlength barrel, DD 9.0, etc) and got the same response.  I'm QUITE happy.  I like the QD so much I want to get the one for the rear too.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 6:54:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Dieter makes a bolt on sling mount for HK hooks, if you prefer them over push-button swivels.  Otherwise, KAC is the way to go.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 8:07:17 PM EDT
[#4]
There's also the GG&G rail-mount sling thing.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 6:00:24 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
There's also the GG&G rail-mount sling thing.

I've one of these - they are very well made.  The sling loop is identical (down to the plastic coating) of the one that hangs under the front sight.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 6:11:51 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Dieter makes a bolt on sling mount for HK hooks, if you prefer them over push-button swivels.  Otherwise, KAC is the way to go.

I have swapped out the GG&G/Giles for the Dieter/CQB ERB/Troy Single point with HK hooks. Both are good mounts. Never really like the push-button release like the KAC, just personal preference.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 6:22:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Look at this thread... it will help you out:

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=25&t=183768
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top