Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/13/2004 6:36:33 PM EDT
Any-a youse  guys got one a them Colt Acurized Rifles? Are they really all that acurate? Are they worth the money?  Some of the other AR Varmit type rifles claim 1/2 MOA or better, does the Colt compare to this? I know some-a youse guys hate Colt, but I have had Colts for ever, and I like
em. Any help would be appretiated.          Thanks,          Tommy T.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 4:58:55 PM EDT
[#1]
They are a misnomer.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 5:06:16 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a MT6700 20" that will put 5 in one ragged hole(handloaded ammo) at 100yds. Over all good quality except for the trigger. I put in a Jewel and fixed that problem.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 5:06:38 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
They are a misnomer.

+1
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 5:16:21 PM EDT
[#4]
The Colt CR6724 "Accurized Rifle", may very well be the most accurate "out of the box" rifle ever made.  I have yet to see one that would not hold sub .5 moa.  My personal CAR grouped closer to .25 moa with the 55grn NBT's.

If you're looking for a tack driver, you can't go wrong with the Colt.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 5:35:18 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
The Colt CR6724 "Accurized Rifle", may very well be the most accurate "out of the box" rifle ever made.  I have yet to see one that would not hold sub .5 moa.  My personal CAR grouped closer to .25 moa with the 55grn NBT's.

I would have to agree, I have one and have been amazed at how well it really shoots, what makes it even better it's a Colt
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 4:39:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks guys, thats what I wanted to hear. I don't agree with Colts management, but their employees do a heck of a job.          Tommy T.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 4:47:44 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Rabbit9

How does the "Colt Accurized" CR6724 model differ form any other Colt AR? What's so special about this particular model?

Just wondering ...
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 5:00:03 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
How does the "Colt Accurized" CR6724 model differ form any other Colt AR? What's so special about this particular model?

Just wondering ...

The Colt CR6724 uses a 24" SS match barrel which I believe (don't quote me on this) is .980 under the aluminum FF tube and .750 from the shaved gas block forward.  A free-floated match barrel is going to deliver better accuracy than any other HBAR varient; in this case, the accuracy is outstanding.

The CR6724 also comes with Colt's version of a single stage match trigger.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 5:02:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks Rabbit9

Yes, those factors would make a pretty big difference. I stand corrected.

Thanks again!
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 5:09:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Hey Rabbit9 ...

Just found this at Colt's website.

You would think that Colt would incorporate more details.

Looks like a dandy rifle.

http://www.colt.com/CMCI/Accurized.asp

Forgive me, I'm a little behind the times, even tough I own 2 Colt AR's
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 5:15:06 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Hey Rabbit9 ...

Just found this at Colt's website.

You would think that Colt would incorporate more details.

Looks like a dandy rifle.

www.colt.com/CMCI/Accurized.asp

Forgive me, I'm a little behind the times, even tough I own 2 Colt AR's

No problem, glad to be of help.  
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 6:58:57 PM EDT
[#12]
I also have one. I am very happy with its accuracy and reliability.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 10:40:40 PM EDT
[#13]
I bought one of these Colt uppers years ago.  Bought it off a vender here way back when this was the AR-15 mailing list, not a forum (1998 I think).  Anyway, the gun I built with this upper is amazing.  I can shoot dime sized groups at 100 yards.  Ammo doesn't seem to matter, as cheap IMI ball grouped the same as expensive boxed ammo.  Any ground squirrel within 300 yards is mine.  I have taken them out to 400 yards with very lucky shots.  I'd say that this my favorite AR I have to shoot.  Get one, you won't be sorry.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top