Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/12/2004 6:12:30 AM EDT
My upper arrived from ADCO on Friday so my build is complete.   A big THANKS to all of you that provided me with the information I needed to put it together.  It it is a wonderful weapon.  I couldn't figure out how to post pictures so I'll just have to tell you:

Nothing fancy -- RRA Lower and RRA A4 Upper with the turned down 16", midlength, chrome, 1:9 RRA Barrel.   LaRue BUIS.  New LaBelle 30 round clip.

Covered up the first three shots free hand at 30 meters with a quarter (Q3131A).

I have had a Colt "pre-ban" 20" and a "post-ban" 16" but I like this midlength configuration the best.  It is well balanced and very natural to handle.  It looks better too.

The only issues that I had was that the bayonet wouldn't go over the flash hider and the front sight adjustment tool that I purchaced from a local vendor wouldn't engage the front sight to turn it.  It was too wide to get far enough into the "wings."  I haven't e-mailed ADCO yet but neither are a big deal.  I'm sure that there is a front sight tool that is made for that front sight.  My son was looking forward to putting a bayonet on it.  He's 13 and gets excited about such things.

Thanks again to all of you and I'm sure I'll be back asking more questions about all of the accessories and optics that I'll be adding...not to mention the 6.8mm that I'm feeling brave enough to build now.

Wolf

= One happy camper.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 5:40:27 PM EDT
[#1]

Nothing fancy -- RRA Lower and RRA A4 Upper with the turned down 16", midlength, chrome, 1:9 RRA Barrel.   LaRue BUIS.  New LaBelle 30 round clip MAGAZINE .

Fixed it for you.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top