Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/11/2004 3:52:43 PM EDT
I have had a RRA stripped lower reciever laying around since '02, waiting for the AWB to expire.  I am wanting to order a kit, but not sure whether to get CAR handguards or M4 handguards.  The M4 handguards seem a bit shorter than the CAR.  Are there advantages to either one?  I might eventually want to add a RAS mount later, but for now Ill leave it be.  Any input would be nice.  
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 3:54:24 PM EDT
[#1]
M4 is fatter and true M4 have double heat shields.  That keeps your hand cooler but the barrel hotter.  I vote M4 single heat shield (non Colt) but would never use anything not FF and railed personally.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 5:51:40 PM EDT
[#2]
M4 handguards will probably resell for 30 bucks.  Standard car maybe 15 bucks.

M4 handguards generally look/feel better than the car handuards because they are fatter.

Most kits will add 20 bucks to the cost for M4 guards, so you could make 10 bucks selling them later when you get the RAS, but you'll be 15 bucks ahead if you go with the regular handguards.

Both btw are the same length.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 8:36:12 PM EDT
[#3]
thanks for the feedback.  I am not terribly worried about the resale value of the M4 handguards, but it looks like that will be my choice when I do place the order for the kit.  
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 8:40:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Anybody want some CAR handguards?

I've got half a dozen of them lying about.

Send postage and they are your for free. Ha ha!
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 8:51:40 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a few pairs laying around myself.  I was kinda hoping someone would have a good idea in your other post.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top