Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/8/2004 5:05:36 PM EDT
What would be a fair price for this CCH BUIS?

Link Posted: 10/8/2004 5:06:35 PM EDT
[#1]
In really great condition I think about $80. An LMT can be had for $15 more, and is superior.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 8:41:42 PM EDT
[#2]
$50.00.

Only because it looks like a nice job done on the cut.

Home cuts that don't look as good are worth $30 IMHO.

Corey
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 9:33:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Probably somewhere between the figures thrown around above, but unless I knew the buyer well or the pedigree of the carry handle, I wouldn't pay more than $30 for what might end up being a cut down Chinese knock-off.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 5:27:34 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Probably somewhere between the figures thrown around above, but unless I knew the buyer well or the pedigree of the carry handle, I wouldn't pay more than $30 for what might end up being a cut down Chinese knock-off.

No Chinese knock-off, like I said in the title, it's Bushmaster. At least that's what I was told when I ordered it. The mfgr's markings are  AA on the left side. I'm considering switching to a ARMS #40, so I thought I might sell the CCH to help fund the #40. Was just trying to figure out what would be a fair asking price.

Edited to add: A couple beers while I was posting and I ended up in this forum! I meant for this to be in the Optics section! Dhuuuu.........
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 6:54:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Who did the work?

Corey
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 7:22:32 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Who did the work?

Corey

Me!
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 9:13:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Looks nice.  What kind of finish?

I managed to scarf up a Colt chopped CH from a board member for $35.  It wasn't the cleanest job, wasn't refinished, and had a bit of rust on the screw knob.  I swapped out the screw, cleaned it up, and am running it on my BM SL.  A friend is probably going to be refinishing it for me, and I've already smoothed out some of the rough edges with a file.  (The height differences b/w the Colt and BM doesn't effect zero, BTW.)

Of course, not only was mine not as nicely done as yours, but it was also before the real rage for fixed BUIS's really caught on (i.e., before the LMT hit the commercial market, IIRC).

I think you could easily get $50 for it.  What is a new BM CH going for these days?  (I got one from CDNN a while back for around $65, but they don't have the deal anymore.)

Corey
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 9:20:34 AM EDT
[#8]
The finish is Birchwood Casey Alumablack with a few coats of Krylon Ultra Flat. If I can scrape up the difference in price I may throw it up on the EE board.

BM catalog has the CH's priced at $99.95
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top