Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/8/2004 9:59:29 AM EDT
I dont like trading or buying uppers from people because you cant tell who made it.

How can you tell if an upper and barrel are made by BM or Colt or RRA etc...

Link Posted: 10/8/2004 10:09:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Colts are usually pretty easy to spot.  If you want RRA or Bushmaster, but it directly from them or an authorized vendor.  The only sure way to know is to have a guy wearing a Bushmaster/RRA shirt hands it directly to you in the Bushmaster/RRA factory.

That's the way of the AR world we live in.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 10:18:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Most barrels should be marked; "C", "BM", "DPMS", ect.. RRA, DSA, JTD, ect. all use Wilson barrels.
As for upper receivers, they all buy forgings from the same manufacturer's; Anchoer Harvey, Cerro , Cardinal,ect.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 10:26:53 AM EDT
[#3]
The only way to tell a Bushmaster upper is the grey coating they put inside the receiver.  Bushmaster barrels are stamped.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 12:06:50 PM EDT
[#4]
CMT and RRA both have the same coating inside as CMT makes uppers for both RRA and Bushmaster.  Therefore RRA uppers and CMT uppers are for all purposes Bushmaster uppers.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 2:57:07 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
CMT and RRA both have the same coating inside as CMT makes uppers for both RRA and Bushmaster.  Therefore RRA uppers and CMT uppers are for all purposes Bushmaster uppers.

I thought Bushmaster put their coating at the factory.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 4:41:00 PM EDT
[#6]
my bushy has a more noticeable gray finish on the inside than any rra i own and there is that lil keyhole like deal above the FA and yeah the barrels are marked "bmp 1/9 and i think some other stuff"
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 4:42:22 PM EDT
[#7]
poke it with a stick if its already mad thats all it will take to put it over the edge
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 7:46:37 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I thought Bushmaster put their coating at the factory.

They do.  Don't know about CMT, but I have never seen a Rock River upper w/the coating.  If they are now doing so, they must have started within the past year or so. Or maybe since they moved.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 11:53:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Yes RRA started getting uppers from CMT and they are the same uppers Bushmaster gets and they have the coating applied by CMT or at least that is CMTs claim.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 3:02:38 PM EDT
[#10]
thanks for all the good info guys
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 11:50:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Is Wilson barrel marked with anything that Bushmaster and Colt does?  I have a barrel that's devoid of any markings but it was said to be RRA.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top