Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/6/2004 8:08:00 PM EDT
I've heard a few negative things about these.....but the weight is really appealing for a lightweight build.....only 6 ounces. Why don't people like the Clark tubes? I know that it must be a pain to tighten it down with a strap wrench....any other problems? Quality?

Anybody know of any other tubes about 6 ounces? (or lighter?) Any LW tubes that use the standard wrench?

THanks,
AoD
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 8:12:24 PM EDT
[#1]
If you gotta have light, its the one. Never heard anything bad about them either.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 8:20:31 PM EDT
[#2]
The Hiperform tube is 6.0 oz for the carbine ultralight version.

It goes on easier with the proprietary wrench (usually provided with the tube).

The Clark and Hiperform are about the 2 lightest games in town.

www.hiperform.com
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 8:25:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys.....Ridge, how much does your carbine weigh? Looks pretty light.....any idea how much the Hiperform costs? Went to their website and they didn't have any prices.....

Thanks,
AoD
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 2:42:47 AM EDT
[#4]
My Clark tube (cut to midlength) weighs 4.85 OZ, this complete rifle (.750 fluted barrel) with Trijicon weighs 7 lbs even, just the upper without the Trijicon, but with the Knights 300m weighs 3lbs 11 oz.  I am very happy with the Clark tube
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 8:37:28 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Thanks guys.....Ridge, how much does your carbine weigh? Looks pretty light.....any idea how much the Hiperform costs? Went to their website and they didn't have any prices.....

Thanks,
AoD

It's 5.3lbs in that configuration.

The Hanguard was about $100 plus shipping if I remember correctly.

JoelK,  Very nice AR! I think a carbine length clark would be about 4 oz .

I wish someone would make an indexable carbon fiber handguard with vent holes, and threaded to accept rails. I'll bet you could get a very sturdy handguard for under 7 oz.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 1:09:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks Ridge
If you want real light weight Ridge has done it right, the Cav Arms lower is a full 10 oz lighter than my Eagle/Ace lower (I have a Cav Arms with a Bushy superlite upper and love it, but the standard carbine handguards are several ounces heavier then the carbon free float tubes).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top