Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/4/2004 6:49:57 PM EDT
On some pics of the predator, the top rail continues all the way to the charging handle. On others it seems to stop short to allow the attachment of buis directly to the top of the flat top receiver. I have a m4 profile with the p4 on the way. Will I be able to mount standard buis behind the P4 or will I have to find some sort of low profile rear sight to sit on top? Thanks

Link Posted: 10/5/2004 12:21:47 AM EDT
[#1]
You know, I was wondering about that too!!! Why in hell POF-USA can't post some decent pics. Oh, and if you look closely in P-4 gallery there are pics of P-9 or was it the other way around? Anyway...the pics they got suck.

Best.

Petri
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 1:34:23 AM EDT
[#2]
If I have my info correct, the older version of the P4 had the rail extend all the way to the charging handle and the newer version was cut so that a BUIS could be mounted on the same plane as the receiver and front sight.  Newer version pictured below with an ARMS #40 mounted:

Link Posted: 10/5/2004 5:05:53 AM EDT
[#3]
The pic doesn't work.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 6:29:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Actually, I think it depends on the model.
I called POF-USA a couple weeks ago to ask the same thing.
I was wondering about the P12 model (rifle version).
“ ~ the current P12 design is full length (no room on rcvr rail for buis) ~ ” if I remember the conversation correctly…

gardman007 - I think the P4 will allow the use of a "standard" buis (?).

TheFlyingFinn - yeah, the POF-USA website pics are misleading.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 12:44:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Well, the kit arrives tomorrow, so I guess then I will find out which version I got.  I sure hope it is the newer one.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 1:07:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Let us know, will ya.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 6:38:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Well, IT got here today.  Now all I need are the optics and stripped lower to complete. This is the new upper on my bushy lower.  Bonus points to whoever can figure out what the little 'tool' thing is that came with my other stuff.  It is about 3 inches long with a allen head that scres into the bigger part. Any ideas?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top