Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/2/2004 10:23:44 PM EDT
Ok here I go again and this time it will be the last. I am up in the air on which lower to get. Yes I know I keep asking but figured one more time wouldn't hurt. So which one Ameetec or Mega? as far as strength and quality goes
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 12:07:31 AM EDT
[#1]
I voted Mega only because i own several Megas and no Ameetecs, at least not yet.  It probably actually doesn't matter.  Both have had good reputations as far as the quality of the receivers and customer service are concerened.  Both are forged, aluminum (of the same grade I believe), so strength should be the same.  I'd just flip a coin and let that decide which one to get.  Or you could just get one of each.  Or even several of each.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 6:21:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Six of one, half dozen of the other.  I have 4 Ameetecs and they are every bit the quality of my Colt, Armalite, Bushmaster, and DPMS.  The reason I vote Ameetec over Mega is that I cannot stand that huge atom looking emblem they use on the side of their lowers.   The Ameetec triangle "A" is almost as big, but more refined and less "busy" looking.  
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 6:48:02 AM EDT
[#3]
I purchased one of each a while back because I could not decide between the two lowers.  Honestly you cannot go wrong with either.  There are a few milling imperfections on the underside of the Ameetec lower ( My Bushmaster lower has the same imperfections), the MEGA is perfectly smooth, but I like Ameetec finish more than the MEGA.

Both are excellent quality at a great price.  Which roll mark do youlike best?  
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 9:13:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Get both

I have an Ammeetec lower.  It is very good I do not have it built up yet but the finish on it matches my 2 Bushy uppers verry well.

Im me for the photos and I will email them to you.  I maxed out my Photobucket account's bandwith.  I should but the $25 yearly member ship there.  

Matt
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 9:17:20 AM EDT
[#5]
TAG
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 9:44:52 AM EDT
[#6]
I have both and the Mega is machined cleaner for basically the same price.  Only drawback on the Mega could be the logo and the grip surface on the front of the mag well.  Ameetec has a more simplistic logo and no grip surface on the mag well, but the machining in the trigger area was the roughest out of my Olympic, Eagle Arms (pre-Armalite), Mega, Stag, Lauer/LMT, and RRA.

Spooky
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 9:46:00 AM EDT
[#7]
i have both and like both. both are dark and matches my bushy,rra and jt uppers

i like the mega a lil better though. just because the logo and its  a lil darker than the ameetec.

but like everyone says "get both"
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 12:12:59 PM EDT
[#8]
who makes ameetec?
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 3:03:53 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
who makes ameetec?

These guys do

www.ameetecarms.com/
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 3:35:09 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
who makes ameetec?

These guys do

www.ameetecarms.com/

Okay thanks... I did not know they were producing in house, guess I just assumed they were doing production on variance. I know for me, it is not worth the money to even think about producing in house versus outsourcing on my manufacturers license via another (larger) manufacturer.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 3:52:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Thanks alot everyone also does Mega offer a lower without the grip
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 4:27:24 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Thanks alot everyone also does Mega offer a lower without the grip

If you mean without the texture at the front of the magwell, they also make and offer the Stinger Arms branded lowers which are the same, except for the lack of the magwell checkering and a different logo.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 5:33:22 PM EDT
[#13]
You know you want it...

Link Posted: 10/3/2004 5:44:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Neither, Get a Stag Arms lower.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 6:14:11 PM EDT
[#15]
I like the Ameetec logo better.  Plus, they're local, so I have to support them!
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 6:31:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Thanks

Hahaha its a tie right now
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 6:43:34 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
who makes ameetec?

These guys do

www.ameetecarms.com/

Okay thanks... I did not know they were producing in house, guess I just assumed they were doing production on variance. I know for me, it is not worth the money to even think about producing in house versus outsourcing on my manufacturers license via another (larger) manufacturer.

PM me if you want to know, they are not produced in house.

Link Posted: 10/3/2004 7:31:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Personally I don't care for the "gator grip" but honestly, if you don't put your hand there, you won't know it's there, and if you do put your hand there you'll be glad it's there. I just don't understand people who have a problem with it. That said, I've never seen an Ameetec in person, but I have two Megas, and if the Ameetec's are better then they must be really freaking amazing.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 5:41:43 AM EDT
[#19]
neither..
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 6:08:36 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Ok here I go again and this time it will be the last. I am up in the air on which lower to get. Yes I know I keep asking but figured one more time wouldn't hurt.  

You've asked this question before ???

Whats the matter , you didn't like the answer you got last time .

Just suck it up and buy BOTH !
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 8:00:53 AM EDT
[#21]
Lol I asked a different form of the question
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 8:19:36 AM EDT
[#22]
Maybe you should have a different poll that asks:

> I have (or have seen) both and prefer MEGA.

> I have (or have seen) both and prefer Ameetec.

> I have (or have seen) both and they're the same.

> I just have MEGA and am there voting for it.

> I just have Ameetec and am therefor voting for it.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 8:30:58 AM EDT
[#23]
I had the understanding that the ameetec lowers were machined by the same company that produces bushmaster lowers. Correct me if I'm wrong, but basically for your 90 bucks you're getting a bushy lower with a better finish than what bushmaster uses when you go with ameetec. Also understand that it really doesn't make any difference what lower you buy. Pick a logo you like and buy theirs, you'll be equally happy with any of the ones mentioned in this post. I liked the ameetec logo way more than any of the others, and I could also get a serial number that matched my motocross racing number so it was a no brainer for me. Finish is beautiful, lettering is crystal clear, tolerances are perfect, and my "seam" is nowhere near as pronounced as the  seam I have seen some pics of in this forum. Maybe because mine was from the second run? So, make up your mind and buy whichever one YOU like the best, not what the PEANUT GALLERY convinces you to. It all comes down to whether you like the atom logo, or the quasi "Legend of Zelda" logo better.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top