Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/1/2004 9:33:54 AM EDT
Anyone know where I can get some CAR-type collapsibles?  While I realize that most of the vendors are out of all collapsibles due to the Sunset, several of them got new inventory back in and have the M4 style stocks in stock.  However, what I can't find is a CAR-style one.  Any suggestions?  And, no, a $150 Colt stock is not a good substitute, I'm looking for the one that RRA sells normally for around $60.  

TIA
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 9:57:24 AM EDT
[#1]
www.adcofirearms.com

I just bought one from them a couple of weeks ago.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 10:04:40 AM EDT
[#2]
They are on backorder.  I was going to order from them, but they have none.  In fact, they were the first place I checked
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 10:06:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Glad I got mine when I did.

Have you tried a google search? Just a thought.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 10:21:32 AM EDT
[#4]
I have, and it turned up a lot of Leapers crap, or stuff you know can't be good.  Plus, I like to support board vendors.  
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 10:29:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Have you tried J&T surplus? I think they are on this board as well. I cannot speak as to their quality, although I did see them at a gunshow here last weekend. They are up in KY.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 10:31:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Here they are:

www.jtdistributing.com
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 11:47:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Try Galati Internation 800 444 2550 / Or Sportsmansguide.com who also should have them in stock - who knows> I got a Galati CAR 4position collapsable stock and I was bummed when it showed up stamped - Made in Tawain !! So I got a DPMS 4 position buffer tube and a buffer and spring from RRA , whom would not sell a tube by it self !! And a single point sling plate , I drilled a couple more postions in the buffer tube added a SOG 1 3/4 recoil pad , I figure how bad can the stock be so I tweaked it with quality parts from the USA and if anybody here repeats the fact that my stock is from Tawain , I'll deny it !
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 2:23:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Well, I IMed Bigbore at ADCO, and asked if they had one.  Less than an hour later, he IMs me back and says he had one, just one.  I called to check, and make sure, and he said, well, he's got one, but its already spoken for.  I said, I am Ghost-Shooter, who asked for it.  He then got me all set up.  Talk about caring for your customers: he wouldn't sell that stock to anyone but me since I asked for it.  Its good to have a company like ADCO to buy from.  

Thanks all who helped me look.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top