Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/30/2004 6:19:28 PM EDT
I just bought a RRA lower today.  I'm really happy with it so far (didn't get to shoot it yet though.) but I don't know what all the engraving on the right side of it means.  It says:

Alexander Arms LLC
US Army Radford Arsenal
VA 24143

CAL. .50 Beowulf

What does all this mean?  I think it's kinda cool that it has US Army Radford Arsenal on it though!  Thanks for any and all help!
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 6:23:04 PM EDT
[#1]
That means someone parted out a .50 Beowulf rifle.  
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 6:27:36 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
That means someone parted out a .50 Beowulf rifle.  

yup.

means you are going to need a beowulf upper to keep its authenticity.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 6:32:40 PM EDT
[#3]
On the left side, where it says Rock River Arms, it says "CAL. 5.56MM LAR-15" on it...

I'm confused....

Will it still work right with my Bushmaster upper (.223)?
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 6:34:25 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
On the left side, where it says Rock River Arms, it says .223 on it...

I'm confused....

Yes it will, dont worry about it. Its just markings and has nothing to do with the upper...
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 6:34:50 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
On the left side, where it says Rock River Arms, it says .223 on it...

I'm confused....

No you must send it to me for use on my .50 Beowulf.  J/K...... A .50 Beowulf uses standard AR mags.  It can be used at a .223 no problem
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 6:40:17 PM EDT
[#6]
whew!!!  I kinda figured that it'd work, but i was getting a little nervous.  Why the crap are there 2 different caliber markings and so forth.  why does it say all the US army stuff on it?
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 6:56:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Because it was sold as a complete rifle in .50 Beowulf.  Most people only buy the complete uppers.  But Alexander Arms does sell it as a complete rifle and I believe that by federal law their required to mark it as such.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 11:47:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Of course, you know that you're required by law to buy an AA .50 Beowulf upper now.  ( the Natural fricken' law of progression!!!)
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 11:50:42 AM EDT
[#9]
And for good measure to ensure compliance you might want to seriously consider the 24" 6.5mm Grendel Overwatch upper also (hate to break up a set).  Or that's what's happened to me anyway.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top