Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/30/2004 4:28:15 PM EDT
I'd love to put a 93A on the carbine I'm building, but I can't tell if it's LH friendly.  Pics on thier site and others I've seen almost always show the right side of the gun and the only pic I've seen of the left wasn't close enough to tell.  In that pic, it looked as though there was a round object right at the cheekweld point

Any lefties out there using one ?

TIA,

Rob
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 4:58:16 PM EDT
[#1]
The stock is identical on each side.  The 'round thing' which is part of the locking system, is smooth and doesn't interfere with the cheekweld at all.  
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 4:58:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 5:30:41 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm a lefty and I have no trouble.  I don't use the Presets, so I have no idea if being a lefty is a problem with that.  It's my favorite stock.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 6:10:06 PM EDT
[#4]
i wouldn't worry about it... its completely fine...
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 9:54:25 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Only issue I can think of for a lefty is with the preset position bypass button. I just totally made that name up so if its called something else, I apologize. Basically, the M93A can be set up to open in any one of the 7 positions you like. If you want to bypass that position to open it up longer than that, you hit this "bypass" button. The button is located so that the middle finger of your right hand will pretty much rest right on it as you adjust the stock. I think it might be a little awkward for a left hander.

This is somewhat of a MINOR point, at least in the manner I use the stock. The only time I can recall ever really needing to press that button was to show someone how it worked. Otherwise I have never used it.

Not a problem, I acctually wonder how a righty would hit it!  I have no problems.

I used to use the presets, until they all broke.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 11:52:14 PM EDT
[#6]
No problems for this lefty!  
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 12:16:44 AM EDT
[#7]
I use my M4s with MSS with my strong and weak shoulder without any trouble .
PP out
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 6:05:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Not only are the controlls ifentical left to right but the sling mounts are designed so you just put them in reversed for left/right side use.  Its 100% ambi.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 1:55:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for the info guys.  Sounds like you guys considered everything.  Looks like a 93A is my choice.

Rob
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 4:56:46 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm a lefty and run a M93A, no problems here! It's great!
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 5:40:43 PM EDT
[#11]
As a bonus, the sling mounts can be mounted on either side.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top