Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/29/2004 8:11:53 PM EDT
I want an accurate RECCE/SPR type upper but love chrome-lined barrels for all their benefits.

How much accuracy will I lose by going chrome lined?

Who makes the most accurate chrome lined barrel?
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 8:19:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Put it this way, your gun probably will still be more accurate than you are, chromed or not. Make your life easier and go with chrome.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 1:25:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Anyone have any knowledge as to the best/highest quality/most accurate chrome lined barrel maker?
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 1:33:55 PM EDT
[#3]
I imagine all of the chrome lined barrels come from Wilson or Shaw regardless of who's name is on them. FN might be the exception as they claim to make their own.

I've had chrome lined barrels marked Bushmaster and RRA and both are very high quality.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 1:38:19 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I imagine all of the chrome lined barrels come from Wilson or Shaw regardless of who's name is on them. FN might be the exception as they claim to make their own.

Bushmaster makes their own barrels as does Colt.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 1:42:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Forest, are you sure about that?
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 2:03:32 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bushmaster makes their own barrels as does Colt.

I have a friend who cuts barrels for Oly said they cut barrels for Bushmaster. Maybe this is normal, maybe they just cut the stainless barrels, maybe they were taking up slack, I don't know.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 9:08:13 AM EDT
[#7]
The only input I have on accuracy is that both my Bushmaster and Colt M4 type carbines I use at work shoot identical groups at 50 yards with an Aimpoint..  This is of limited use to me due to the range and optic.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 11:03:34 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Forest, are you sure about that?

Yes.

Jarrod even posted the process Bushmaster uses to build there barrels a couple of years ago.  This was for the Chrome lined barrels

My bother's barrels were hand selected off the assembly line by one of the R&D guys that worked there (before he retired 3 years ago).

I have a friend who cuts barrels for Oly said they cut barrels for Bushmaster. Maybe this is normal, maybe they just cut the stainless barrels

Oly used to sell Bushmaster barrels many years ago (when Bushy was a small operation).

I do not know the status of the stainless barrels as Bushmasters was not selling those when Jarrod talked about Bushy manufacturing their own barrels.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top