Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/27/2004 9:58:25 PM EDT
I marred up a barrell using barrell vice blocks before I got smart and bought an upper receiver block.  I was going to use some Testors model paint to touch it up, but thought I'd ask y'all if you would recommend something different.

Thanx

Dingle...

Link Posted: 9/27/2004 10:13:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Scratches and marring gives character and shows the gun gets used. Mine has several and it only shoots better and better.

If you are really hell bent on doing it though, look here:
www.glocksunlocked.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10200
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 3:18:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 6:11:17 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Scratches and marring gives character and shows the gun gets used. Mine has several and it only shoots better and better.

If you are really hell bent on doing it though, look here:
www.glocksunlocked.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10200

Great link!

Link Posted: 9/28/2004 8:47:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Glad you guys like the link.  Here is a pic of a barrel JCKnife just refinished after doing some work on his.  I haven't had anyone tell me of any problems using Norrells since I have written the article, it is simple and gives great results.

Link Posted: 9/28/2004 9:18:39 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Glad you guys like the link.  Here is a pic of a barrel JCKnife just refinished after doing some work on his.  I haven't had anyone tell me of any problems using Norrells since I have written the article, it is simple and gives great results.

home.att.net/~jcknife/joe/bblaf.jpg

Is that parkerized or painted? It looks very nice.

MN
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 8:35:54 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

MN

Follow the above link that I posted that he was referencing to
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 11:31:41 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

MN

Follow the above link that I posted that he was referencing to

Yes, follow the above link that I wrote, that he linked, that I was referencing to.....

Norrells is a finish that is thermally cured, if you don't heat it to 300 degrees for an hour, it will be similar to paint until you decide to complete it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top