Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/27/2004 5:39:36 PM EDT
Is company any good? Why or why not?
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 7:26:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Yep DPMS is a good Company there also a sponsor of this site They support your freedom and gun rights .Corse it doesn't hurt that they have good customer service and a very good product.Check them out in the Industry section also Let me give an A+ to CMMG I met them this past weekend at the gun show in the cape bought a bunch of little items off them .Wish I could have bought more but I just finnished my target AR project. They did have some wonderful toys displayed.An MP5 full auto with the dubble drum a couple of verry small AR-15 also full auto and one of thes new Squad Automatic Weapons.The one that takes either the belt or mag of 5.56 looks alot like an M60 but smaller.CMMG is a DMPS dealer also located in the industry section.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 10:26:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Depends on your use- for sport shooting, yes, for self/home defense
the tight chambers and bolts which are prone to crack are a problem.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 10:37:28 AM EDT
[#3]
What tight chamber?  My DPMS is 5.56, and I get good feeding with a wide variety of ammo.

On the other hand, my Oly Ultramatch does have a "tight match chamber", and I have not had any feeding problems with that with any ammo either.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 1:16:06 PM EDT
[#4]
I have had 2 DPMS uppers, one was trash. It was a lo-pro classic that short stroked and misfed constantly, and I swore off DPMS forever. I broke conviction and bought a DPMS 20" a2 upper with match sights and a ss barrel from a member. It is on par with any mfg I have ever seen. Very nice.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 2:26:01 PM EDT
[#5]
I have several, all have functioned perfectly.  Fit and finish is as good as any ofther MFG as well.  
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 4:00:47 PM EDT
[#6]
i have a DPMS lower w/ACE skeleton stock coupled with the rimfire DPMS M4A2 upper.
it functions brilliantly.

DPMS customer service is especially good, too.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 4:22:42 PM EDT
[#7]
I think there were some quality control issues that have been long resolved. I think they are a good company, not the best, but I am not sure who I'd give that title. Definately a good company though.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 9:44:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Armalight,BM,CMMG,Dpms,ect...........  some one correct me if I am wrong but all of the producers are all about the same when it comes to quaility; aren't they?  I'm a firm believer that you need to find a producer that you like to deal with.  One that you can trust.  I've seen you asking alot of questions comparing makes, and that's cool.  That is why the forum exist.  I don't blame you for researching your project.  I think maybe you should get with a producer (a lot here on the forum to choose from) and discuss your budget (usually really what people are getting at), your wants, and needs, and find out which one will work for you.  That is just my .02 worth.

Good Luck
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 5:00:38 AM EDT
[#9]
I love my SS 24" DPMS low pro upper.  No feeding problems, except for a few that were completely mag related.  The upper shoots 1" at a hundred yards with crap winchester white box, and better with BH 68 gr.  I just purchased my second DPMS upper, a 1:7 chrome lined 14.5 m4 upper and I'll let you know how it shoots tomarrow when I break it in.

All in all I've been very happy with DPMS.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top