Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/27/2004 3:54:54 PM EDT
I have a post ban barrel and I would really love to dress up the naked muzzel with a FS.  This requires taking the upper apart shipping it out and paying $75 to $110.  I do not want to take the chance that it could be "different" when I get it back. Is there anyone offering one that I can just slip on and pin and or solder?
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 4:27:00 PM EDT
[#1]
www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/ProductDetail.aspx?p=17216&title=AK-47%2fAR-15+THREAD+ADAPTER&s=41336#41336

only $7 but I would think that eventually you will be shooting and realize that your FH is somewhere downrange.  
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 4:35:37 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I have a post ban barrel and I would really love to dress up the naked muzzel with a FS.  This requires taking the upper apart shipping it out and paying $75 to $110.  I do not want to take the chance that it could be "different" when I get it back. Is there anyone offering one that I can just slip on and pin and or solder?

Send it to ADCO.  They did a great job on my 2 uppers.  It's going to look like the real thing.  Fast service and you won't be sorry.

www.adcofirearms.com/shopservices.cfm

556man
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 8:03:02 PM EDT
[#3]
556man -

Any finish damage from removing the front sight?  What about turn-around time?  I can send the upper without going through an FFL, right?  Looks like a great deal for 60 bucks.

- CM
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 12:37:09 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
556man -

Any finish damage from removing the front sight?  What about turn-around time?  I can send the upper without going through an FFL, right?  Looks like a great deal for 60 bucks.

- CM

No finish damage.  Turn around time is about  a week and a half door to door on mine.  You could send your upper directly to ADCO. No need to send through an FFL.  Cost me $64.00 with the A2 FH installed + shipping.  They did a great job on mine and I'm sure you will be happy too.

556man
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 4:00:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks Guys

You have convinved me.  The barrel is going to be fixed up the right way.

GF
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 7:08:48 PM EDT
[#6]
+1 for ADCO firearms...

$60 and 5 days got my 16" barrelled upper shipped, threaded, A2 installed, re-shipped and put back on my lower....

cant say enough about Steve and the guys...

david
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top