Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/27/2004 10:17:23 AM EDT
I want to build an AR15 from a kit and I have two choices narrowed down.  The two I like are the dissipator w/telestock and the car kit.  Which would be the better of the two?  How much more accurate are the dissipators' sights than the car?  Anybody that has a dissipator with telestock can you give a review?
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 10:32:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Check with Hawkeye for all things Dissipater but what will the intended purpose of this rifle?  Are you going to put an optic on it?  If so, the long sight radius will become less of a factor.  Do you need the extra real estate of the rifle length rail?  Are you hoping to reach out to longer distances or will it primary be an up close and personal type of weapon?  I think the Dissy will perform in a CQB situation but for a quicker, house clearing, SHFT situation I would prefer a lightweight profile carbine and I’m not away of a gov’t profile Dissy barrel.

However, Hawkeye runs his Dissys through their paces and they always answer the call.  I guess you couldn’t go wrong with either one!
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 10:45:14 AM EDT
[#2]
I would be using it for 100 yard and under shooting for range/fun shooting, mostly fun.  I plan on getting an optic for it.  I wouldn't want too much accessories, maybe just an optic and forward grip.  For an optic would the A2 CH be as good of a mount as the a3 flat top?  
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 11:56:58 AM EDT
[#3]
If you plan to get an optic go with the flattop upper (A3) & detachable carry handle.  You could go with the A3 and buy your back up sight instead of the detachable carry handle.  That will save you a bit of money in the long run.  If you went with something like the LMT BUIS you could still have the elevation for the longer shots.  The Dissy should be fine for just about everything you need to do and probably better than most at those 100 yard ranges.

Link Posted: 9/27/2004 3:55:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Would the dissipator still look good with a telestock?  Anyone have pictures of one with a telestock?  Who has the best dissipator kit?
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 7:30:01 PM EDT
[#5]
I have one and I like it.  This is what it use to look like.  It's out getting the barrel threaded, and a YHM FF tube, and some other goodies put on it.  I like the dissipator because it's short enough for CQB, and you still have the sight radius for the longer shots should you have to bear down.  I usually like to take off my optic to get down to a sub 2" group @ 100 meters.  The red dot (Burris Speed Dot 135) is fine for 4" groups and quick aquisition.  If you know what I mean.  The CS is very comfortable.  I like a shorter length of pull, so this RRA stock works well.

I hope this helps.

Link Posted: 9/28/2004 10:12:34 PM EDT
[#6]
The dissipators will take any standard length handguard right?  
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 10:15:20 PM EDT
[#7]
As far as I can tell from your post the disipator has no advantages to you.  Same gas system and reliablity as the carbine.  Same terminal performance.  Same accuracy with optics.  You dont need the extra rails space and in the end it just weighs a hell of a lot more with no advatages for your uses.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 11:07:20 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm with DevL on this one, an m4 profile dissipator is a nice rifle with an A2 stock and iron sights, however nobody offers the m4profile in kit form, only Hbar, and an Hbar with a car stock is not going to balance well at all.

Get a flattop car, either a chrome m4 or a chromoly lightweight.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 11:41:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Do the m4 profile barrels have any advantage over the standard barrel?  
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 1:49:30 AM EDT
[#10]
the only advantage that i could think of for the m4 dissy barrel would be less weight but then the hbar would probably be more stable or stronger?

i like the dissipator too looks cool and the rifle sight radius is easier to shoot with open sights.

get both! either way you decide now youll end up with both sooner or later
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top