Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/25/2004 6:27:19 PM EDT
I've had a CLE trigger for some while now and I like it alot.  I just read that these things are no good?  I read that they can fail with out any kind of tell, tell, signs.  I've also heard that the RRA trigger is suppose to be better.  My 1st stage is near weight less, and the second stage has no creep at all.  It breaks very sweat.  I do have to lube it from time to time with moly.

If there is a better trigger out there I would like it.  I tried the RRA trigger, and it felt good.  Just not as clean as my CLE.  Has anyone had a bad experience with a CLE trigger?  Have I been really lucky with mine?

Thank you for any input.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 6:50:47 PM EDT
[#1]
In its day, it was  decent viable alternative when there weren't many alternatives that were available. Now it is a totally different story. There are several other triggers that are better and more importantly, more reliable.

The CLE is nothing more than a modified USGI single stage trigger. Where the problem lies is in these delicate small springs and plungers that are needed to make it fell like a two stage trigger. The CLE is not a true two stage trigger, only one that is modified to feel like one.

I have seen no less than a dozen fail. Most for no reason at all and with no warning either. Several I saw fail in a match only to have the shooter leave the match early. That is not good considering traveling and expenses, etc.

Now don't get me wrong, Frank White will fix them if you cannot get them back going again, but who wants to have to ship their lower off to him when it craps out? Not me. Most of them time they do have to be sent back as the adjustments are so small and have to be done just right.

IMHO, in this day and time with so many other available better alternatives, the CLE is obsolete.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 6:56:12 PM EDT
[#2]
So what trigger do you recommend?  It sounds like I'm going to need to know.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 7:01:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Depending on how much you want to spend and in no particular order:

1. Rock River (preferably tuned by John Holliger)

2. Jewell

3. KAC

4. Chip McCormick

My suggestion for most bang for the buck is the Rock River tuned by John Holliger at White Oak Precision.

www.whiteoakprecision.com
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 7:05:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Is this an easy install or is gunsmithing recommended?
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 7:08:24 PM EDT
[#5]
It is very easy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top