Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/24/2004 1:53:06 PM EDT
Looking to Complete an Early M16 Clone.I would like to get a Notchless Bolt Carrier if Possible I think DPMS might have them( But their Chrome ) and maybe Fulton Armory.
Anyone  Have  A Lead ?
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 2:53:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 3:22:14 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I'm pretty sure all the real notchless XM16 carriers are chrome plated.  USAF gave up that requirement pretty early as the notches didn't cost 'em anything and it allowed the XM16 to use standard parts.

You may be able to find real carriers, these rifles were USAF so they were barely used.

-- Chuck

Absolutely right; and yes, there are some USAF surp carriers out there.  They do cost a bunch more, usually somewhere in the $150-200 range, but they're so superior to the stuff that DPMS is putting out, that it's worth the difference; to me at least

I did have a DPMS carrier that I picked up in trade for awhile; and discovered that it was out of spec in that thegrooves on the underside, where the mag feed lips nest, weren't cut deeply enough.  Didn't notice it until I tried to use a Thermold mag, which has slightly thicker feed lips than the usual GI mags. Thing wouldn't fully seat. Put a Colt carrier it it and it was just fine.  Needless to say, I no longer have a DPMS carrier at my house
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 12:23:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Les Baer, and it's chromed.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top