Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/24/2004 6:08:19 AM EDT
Which one would you recommend?  If VLTOR, starndard or clubfoot?

Link Posted: 9/24/2004 6:28:00 AM EDT
[#1]
If you use a nose to the charging handle shooting position then Magpul, no question.  I have tried them all and Magpul is the highest quality and most rigid.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 6:32:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Which collapsible stock is "the best" you ask?

More info than you can shake yer fat hog at.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 7:52:04 AM EDT
[#3]
I  like using my Vltor stock,also I shoot with nose  touching the charging handle.
Did I mention  that I have  perfect cheek  weld, even when snap  shooting?

TG
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 8:09:02 AM EDT
[#4]
I had a Magpul and sold it.  Now I have a Vltor Clubfoot with SOG rubber butt pad and I'm in love.  Got mine from JTAC
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 8:25:04 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I had a Magpul and sold it.  Now I have a Vltor Clubfoot with SOG rubber butt pad and I'm in love.  Got mine from JTAC

What didn't you like about the magpul?
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 8:25:46 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Which collapsible stock is "the best" you ask?

More info than you can shake yer fat hog at.

I read the entire thread.  Very informative, thanks.

Link Posted: 9/24/2004 8:27:58 AM EDT
[#7]
I currently have an A2 stock.  Can I use the existing buffer/spring with either Magpul or VLTOR?
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 8:29:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Hey, can't go wrong with either. And as far as the style of the Vltor goes, you can't go wrong with either, either.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 8:37:52 AM EDT
[#9]
I have a Magpul and love it...even for snap shooting.  It's rock solid and very comfortable.  It also has the largest (I believe) butt plate, and you really do get a good purchase on your shoulder w/ it.  It also has a longer length of pull in the last position (if that concerns you at all), even longer than an A2 I believe.  

No, you cant' use the A2 buffer and spring.  You must use a CAR buffer and CAR spring...get them Bravo Company-$11 for them both.  Paul will treat you right, he's a great guy to deal with.  

CAR Parts      Go here to the bottom of the page.

I don't work for B/co, I just had great service from them, so figured I'd point people in that direction.

I don't know why the HotLink doesn't work...here's the URL:
http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/StandardCARStocks.html
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 8:38:19 AM EDT
[#10]
You must use a carbine buffer and spring not rifle length.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 8:48:33 AM EDT
[#11]
JUst received a Magpul M93 and installed it on a BM lower what a pain in the ass.  I had to sand down the shim.  If your looking for ease of installation I'd go with the Vltor.  I haven't had a chance to shoot with it yet.  So I'll have to let you know.  I also have a 6pos RRA (and love it) and it was 70 bucks not 225.  
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 8:56:12 AM EDT
[#12]
+1 for VLTOR
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 9:55:40 AM EDT
[#13]
magpul is the best stock i've ever used... fixed or collapsible.. trust me you'll love it... much better than a vltor...

Here's a Link of My Weapon With It...
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 10:06:39 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
JUst received a Magpul M93 and installed it on a BM lower what a pain in the ass.  I had to sand down the shim.  If your looking for ease of installation I'd go with the Vltor.  I haven't had a chance to shoot with it yet.  So I'll have to let you know.  I also have a 6pos RRA (and love it) and it was 70 bucks not 225.  

If you're not installing the Magpul on a true mil-spec receiver (Colt or LMT) you "may" have to sand the shims but you may not have to either. I've installed 3 Magpuls now on PWA, Oly Arms and an FN shotgun and have never had to sand the shims down.

Besides, once the stock installed, it's done. I found the Magpal no trickers to install than a standard collapsible stock, especially once you've done it once.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 11:23:58 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
JUst received a Magpul M93 and installed it on a BM lower what a pain in the ass.  I had to sand down the shim.  If your looking for ease of installation I'd go with the Vltor. I haven't had a chance to shoot with it yet.  So I'll have to let you know.  I also have a 6pos RRA (and love it) and it was 70 bucks not 225.  

Well, don't hate it for the installation process.  You can hate it after you shoot it, but I doubt you will.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 11:49:59 AM EDT
[#16]
+2 Vltor.

I have four vltor stocks now, love them all. I'm building three more AR's at this time and will have to buy three more modstocks, Ouch! At least they're cheap enough, when compared to Crane or Magpul.

ls
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 12:25:06 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What didn't you like about the magpul?

First just like others stated the install was a pain.  Second I didn't like the latch.  I found when I collapsed it all the way or even the next to shortest that it dug into my wrist and I could not get a proper grip on my rifle and shooting one handed was out of the question.  I also didn't like the cheeckweld.  The concept of having the same cheeckweld no matter were the stock is makes sense and is a good idea, but the Vltor has the perfect angle for me.  The Magpul felt to much like putting my face on 4x4.  It is too square in shape.  I am hooked on the Vltor Clubfoots.  YMMV...
www.jtacsupply.com/VLTOR.html
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 1:44:16 PM EDT
[#18]
None of my RRA lowers required sanding the shims.  If I remember, the 0.060" shim worked perfectly on all 3.

-z
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 2:33:42 PM EDT
[#19]
I have a spare M93 laying around and want to get rid of it.  You think I can sell it for $150 delivered?
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 3:21:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 3:31:19 PM EDT
[#21]
Buy my VLTOR

IM me if you want the standard carbine version.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 5:39:29 PM EDT
[#22]
LMT/Crane

With a Colt or LMT tube it is every bit as stable (tight) as the Magpul and slightly more comfortable with the ability to hold spare parts/cleaning gear or Batteries.

Costs about the same as the Magpul (complete with stock and tube).
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 7:18:52 PM EDT
[#23]
VLTOR carbine/clubfoot, it works just perfect for me...
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 8:34:36 PM EDT
[#24]
I ordered a MagPul stock and received it this afternoon.

The installation is very different from other stocks and it took me a few minutes to figure it out.  With the .050 shim the stock was lined up perfect, but then I couldn't install the upper because the front of the buffer tube was sticking out the front of the hole in the receiver about .020 and prevented the upper from going to the rear enough to line up the pins.

So I took it back apart and put a made a few passes with a file to make it fit the lower.  It's all back together now and I really, really like it.  

Pics will follow.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 9:37:29 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
I have a spare M93 laying around and want to get rid of it.  You think I can sell it for $150 delivered?

I just sent you an IM concerning the M93.  Please contact me...
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 2:09:02 PM EDT
[#26]
The Magpul 93A went on my Grendel/Varminter lower, the Vltor clubfoot is going on my M4 once it comes in and my M4 upper gets back from Denny's.

Link Posted: 9/28/2004 4:34:32 PM EDT
[#27]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top