Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/23/2004 7:15:07 PM EDT
I’ve had my AR for a couple of years now and have fondled it much but shot it little.  I’d like to get a new trigger for it.  I’m not terribly knowledgeable with the inner workings of the AR and need a little help.  I have a Colt AR HBAR A2 sporter green label.  I checked the SN after I bought it and I know it was made in the late 80’s, but that’s about all I know.  I’d like to put a two stage trigger in it, but I don’t know which one would be best and or work.  I know there are issues with pin sizes and sear blocks.

I did a couple of searches, but didn’t find any answers.  Anyway, for those of you in the know which one would be the best to buy and where can I get it?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 7:39:49 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a CLE 2 stage NM trigger put in by Frank White.  I love it.  In fact I've gone through 2 different uppers, but I wont get rid of this lower with this trigger.

I think (but not sure) he is the one who designed the triggers that BM puts out.  Check out BM or goto CLE direct.  You wont regret it.  I've had alot of guys just say WOW after feeling the clean, crisp break of my trigger.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 6:09:01 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I’ve had my AR for a couple of years now and have fondled it much but shot it little.  I’d like to get a new trigger for it.  I’m not terribly knowledgeable with the inner workings of the AR and need a little help.  I have a Colt AR HBAR A2 sporter green label.  I checked the SN after I bought it and I know it was made in the late 80’s, but that’s about all I know.  I’d like to put a two stage trigger in it, but I don’t know which one would be best and or work.  I know there are issues with pin sizes and sear blocks.

I did a couple of searches, but didn’t find any answers.  Anyway, for those of you in the know which one would be the best to buy and where can I get it?  Thanks.

More than likely you have a small pin with no sear block. The sear block is pretty self evident if you look inside the lower.

As for pins, measure them to make sure. Small pin is +/-.156" and large pin is +/- .170".

As for two stage triggers, do NOT get the CLE and especially the Bushmaster. Both of these triggers are nothing more than modified GI parts and this trigger will crap out on you unless you keep it meticulously clean and lubed. For the price of the CLE or Bushmaster you can get a Rock River and for the best ones, get it from John Holliger and White Oak Armament. It will be clean and crisp and break right where you want it. I know at least a dozen shooters with the CLE trigger that have had them crap out and when they do, they either have a 15 lb. pull or break like a hair trigger and you never know when. The Bushmaster is a knock off of the CLE without the carbide tip for wear. It is worse than the CLE and even CLE will tell you there are better triggers. Adjusting one is like working on a watch. If you do not beleive this, go to any of the highpower forums and ask about them. In its day (about 8-10 years ago) it was decent trigger due to just about no other alternatives unlike now.

www.whiteoakarmament.com

www.whiteoakprecision.com
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 6:48:01 PM EDT
[#3]
I checked the pin size and got .153, looks like I have the small pins.  I'll check into the trigger you suggested, thanks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top