Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/21/2004 11:25:13 AM EDT
With FA, but no case deflector. Anyone sell these? Would prefer just an upper with no barrel, etc.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 2:13:53 PM EDT
[#1]
On the EE!!
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 5:56:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Brownells or DPMS

Brownells
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 6:36:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Bushmaster also sells them. DPMS and Bushamster are the only manufactures that sell new ones that I am aware of.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 10:24:54 AM EDT
[#4]
SARCO has them.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 10:28:28 AM EDT
[#5]
The ones from DPMS and Bushmaster are A2 uppers with A1 sights. They still have the A2 case deflector.

I'll check with Sarco, but I've only seen the slickside uppers in their ads.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 11:37:02 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
The ones from DPMS and Bushmaster are A2 uppers with A1 sights. They still have the A2 case deflector.

Thanks!

kc3,
Did you check the link to Brownells that I provided?  They offer an upper both with and without the deflector.

Link Posted: 9/22/2004 3:59:23 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Thanks!

DPMS also has an A1 upper with neither FA nor SD.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 4:52:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Despite a rather confusing listing on the Broenell's website,  the DPMS upper they are selling is NOT an A1 type.  It's the same as the Bushmaster piece; with the same forge mark, and exactly the same tool marks inside the tube, and it's the Canadian C7 type with the brass deflector.  The early type without the forward assist is an early model w/o the deflector, but the forward assist type is not as shown in the picture.

The best, and also least expensive way to go is to click on over to the EE section of this site, and get one of the milsurp Colt units that are always being advertised over there.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 5:04:24 PM EDT
[#9]
I think Fulton Armory has some as well.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 6:01:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Try Billbo on the EE, he is a good guy, and has some.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 6:30:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Thanks for the help everyone. To clarify, I'm looking for the A1 upper with the FA, but without the deflector.

I will check the EE a little closer; haven't seen any before, but I don't checck very often.

Thanks again!
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 2:39:50 PM EDT
[#12]
SARCO has them.  The first page of their Sept 10 SGN ad.  Access it via the SARCOINC web page.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top