Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/21/2004 5:30:59 AM EDT
A lot of people are moving to collapsible stocks now, which begs the question, which stocks fit which tubes? (I know its really the receiver ext)

There are mil-spec tubes and tubes that are four, five, or even six position. There are stocks by Bushmaster, Colt, CavArms, Rock River, Vltor, LMT/Crane and others.  

For example a local dealer offered to sell me a CavArms kit, with all the parts to convert from a fixed stock. He then told me that I couldn't upgrade to a Vltor stock later on because the Vltor stock wouldn't fit the CavArms tube. So if I wanted the Vltor stock, I had to use a Vltor tube. I have heard the same for other stocks as well.

So anybody want to tackle this one? Is there a list of what fits what? Maybe a FAQ tacked thread would be in order for this?

Link Posted: 9/21/2004 5:44:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Colt, VLTOR, and LMT tubes are small diameter and 'mil-spec'.  I believe everything else is larger.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 5:46:54 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Colt, VLTOR, and LMT tubes are small diameter and 'mil-spec'.  I believe everything else is larger.

+1
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 6:00:38 AM EDT
[#3]
If I remember correctly, the difference in size of tube diameter. is .020. MilSpec being smaller.

ls
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top