Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2004 4:54:58 PM EDT
Which M4 style rifle should i get for my first Ar ....thank you
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 5:00:44 PM EDT
[#1]
DPMS,is'nt  even  in the same  ball park  with bushmaster.

TG
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 5:23:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Bushy.  Hands down.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 6:48:23 PM EDT
[#3]
What advantages does bushmaster offer over DPMS?

Thanks,
JMS
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 7:42:40 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
DPMS,is'nt  even  in the same  ball park  with bushmaster.

TGhug.gif

What is wrong with DPMS?   I was considering looking at a 1/7 16" barrel from CMMG, and I believe (and I believe, but not sure)that they are selling DPMS.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 1:46:22 PM EDT
[#5]
I have rifles made by both Bushmaster and DPMS and frankly, outside of the stamps, I can't tell the difference between the two.  The DPMS is a bit more accurate.

JMO
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 4:39:33 PM EDT
[#6]
well my vote is for the CMMG upper, it has the m4 feed ramps and is 1&7 twist and yes i have both a bushmastwer and CMMG upper. i shoot the cmmg upper more. it runs flawless. so does the busmaster so there both great uppers. i just prefer the 1&7  twist. both chrome line. my bushy is just 1&9. Ronald
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 7:28:47 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
well my vote is for the CMMG upper, it has the m4 feed ramps and is 1&7 twist and yes i have both a bushmastwer and CMMG upper. i shoot the cmmg upper more. it runs flawless. so does the busmaster so there both great uppers. i just prefer the 1&7  twist. both chrome line. my bushy is just 1&9. Ronald

What is wrong with DPMS? I was considering looking at a 1/7 16" barrel from CMMG, and I believe (and I believe, but not sure)that they are selling DPMS

I currently have one of these  upper   through CMMG, 14 1/2" 1/7 twist and m4 feed ramps,  these are a special  run, not your average DPMS, these are also chromed lined and  is made of 4150 steel.

I really like this upper, it accurate, also, it has digested every type of ammo, that I've ran through  it so far,including Wolf ammo.

TG
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 5:00:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 10:58:37 AM EDT
[#9]
man it errks me to hear people talk bad about good rifles. DPMS is too in the same ball park as Bushmaster. I own a DPMS and havent had any problems at all with it. everything seems made very well. fit and finish are excellent; Not to mention, its reliable. The only advantage a bushmaster would have over a DPMS ( other than the website) is the chrome lined chamber and bore. This would probably not be a concern unless you had a really hard day of shooting or you were using that yucky wolf ammo. Keep em' clean yall!!!!! Anyway, because of this if i had to buy another  rifle I would prolly pick the Bushy but the only reason is becuase of the barrel.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 2:26:33 PM EDT
[#10]
I have both. (arfcom motto)
Bushmaster, 14.5",1/7, M4 with four slot Phantom
CMMG/DPMS 14.5", 1/7, M4 with five slot Phantom

Both are excellent and equally comparable.
The BM has a "black" parkerized finish
The CMMG has a "grey" parkerized finish
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 3:17:20 PM EDT
[#11]
I have several DPMS rifles/lowers/etc, all have functioned perfectly, always.  Fit and finish is just as good as my buddies Bushys.  
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 9:45:49 AM EDT
[#12]
Main reasons that deter me from buying a DPMS or RRA barrel is the fact Bushmaster has the chrome-lined barrel and chamber. I'm not looking for a pure target/competition rifle that I shoot 10 rounds and clean like a NM bolt-action. I want something that will do 1" or less BUT has the reliability and durability of a military-grade designated marksman rifle.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 10:45:33 AM EDT
[#13]
if you want chrome lined, let DPMS know, they will make it.  I just finished my first build, all DPMS, standard steel barrel 16" m4gery, and it is almost perfect.  First 50 rounds of break in haven't had a single malfunction of any kind, and it is shooting zub MOA already.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 11:36:05 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Bushy.  Hands down.[/quote
No comparison, Bushy all the way!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top