Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/18/2004 3:22:35 PM EDT
Tapco has a 6 position collapsible stock, aluminum tube, buffer and spring for $50.  Should I get one or run away?

Is it good quality, a good value, or a good doorstop?
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 5:38:26 PM EDT
[#1]
No response, most likely not a whole of people have any sort of experience with them. I'd say look for something else instead
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 6:16:54 PM EDT
[#2]
I believe I saw one of these at a gun show last week.

It looked fine for a plinker or casual or recreational use rifle, but I wouldn't put it on one that I was planning to take in harm's way.

The same can be said about their $50 carry handle/sight, too.

Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 4:07:38 AM EDT
[#3]
I have two of them, and they work fine for me.  I am not a soldier or cop, they may have a different opinion.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 5:06:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Why not spend an extra $10, and get one of the Rock River pieces that are being advertised on the EE section of this site.  At least two of the suppliers are advertising free shipping on them, and by the time you pay Tapco's high shipping cost, you'll only be saving two or three bucks

That way, you know you've got a quality ptoduct.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 5:08:17 AM EDT
[#5]
I agree with shamayim.  
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 6:39:28 AM EDT
[#6]
A buddy put one on his AK...kinda flimsy but not too bad.  I would spend a few extra for a RRA 8 days of the week myself.  
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 6:58:51 AM EDT
[#7]
The Cav ARms  kits in the EE look like a great value
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 1:23:19 PM EDT
[#8]
I picked up three 2 weeks ago, and I don't know if these are different from the old Tapco M4 stocks that everyone says are crappy chinese stocks, but these "new T6's" are advertised as being made in the USA and they are pretty heavy polymer.  I'm very pleased with mine.

The sling ring on the base is heavier than any others I've seen too.

-DE
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 4:45:58 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I picked up three 2 weeks ago, and I don't know if these are different from the old Tapco M4 stocks that everyone says are crappy chinese stocks, but these "new T6's" are advertised as being made in the USA and they are pretty heavy polymer.  I'm very pleased with mine.

The sling ring on the base is heavier than any others I've seen too.

-DE

do they rattle a lot?
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 5:40:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Nowhere near as good as a Vltor.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 2:03:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Nope, no more of a rattle than any of the other standard M4 stocks I've used from the other big companies (Bushy, RRA, etc.)

VLTOR may be tighter, but for my purposes, these work great (plus, I can equip a few more lowers at the same price) :)

-DE
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 2:40:46 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Why not spend an extra $10, and get one of the Rock River pieces that are being advertised on the EE section of this site.  At least two of the suppliers are advertising free shipping on them, and by the time you pay Tapco's high shipping cost, you'll only be saving two or three bucks

That way, you know you've got a quality ptoduct.

Amen.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top