Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2004 11:42:21 AM EDT
Hello,

I recently purchased a mid-lenght upper from M&A parts.  I what to install a ARMS SIR 58 rail.  

Their web site states that the SIRS only fit on colt, armalite and bushmaster uppers? True or false?

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 1:31:26 PM EDT
[#1]
True or false?  Who knows for sure.

I do not see any reason why it would not fit your upper as long as the upper is a true mid-length upper like those made by ArmaLite and RRA.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 2:37:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 6:11:57 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
If Im not mistaken, their www site says they only guartantee the SIRs to fit on Armalite, Bushmaster and Colts. The rest can be a crap shoot. It may work on your M&A gun, it may not. Truth be told, it probably will, but you wont know till you try.

You are correct.  Their statement only applies to their guarantee of fit.  They aren't implying that they won't fit others.

I have a #58 installed on a RRA mid-length upper, and a #45 on a DPMS upper.  Perfect fit.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 6:52:55 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a 58 on my RRA upper, fits great and I wouldn't trade it for any other. I think the early RRA flattops were supposibly out of spec, could just be a rumor, I don't know. I called Rock River before I bought my SIR, they said it would fit just fine, and it did. I would highly recommend the SIR 58.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top