Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/17/2004 10:54:54 PM EDT
For you folks out there with LMT 16" m4 cut barrels, does yours have the "MP" stamp?

Mine is marked:
5.56 NATO 1/7 CB

What does the "CB" stand for, if anything at all?

Thanks in advance,
Jim
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 4:48:33 AM EDT
[#1]
chrome bore I think but dont quote me on that
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 7:05:50 AM EDT
[#2]
CB does indeed stand for chrome bore.  I emailed LMT a couple months ago about the MP testing and I received a reply stating that LMT does MP test each barrel.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 12:33:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Hey, thanks guys.

I appreciate it!
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 6:22:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Does LMT make 1/9 twist barrels? I have one that is supposed to be an LMT barrel however it is marked:
"5.56 NATO 1/9"
Did I get some no-name barrel thinking it's an LMT!?

Link Posted: 9/23/2004 6:31:46 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Does LMT make 1/9 twist barrels? I have one that is supposed to be an LMT barrel however it is marked:
"5.56 NATO 1/9"
Did I get some no-name barrel thinking it's an LMT!?

I don't think LMT makes 1:9 barrels.  I believe DPMS uses markings similar to yours, but I'm no expert here.  Is it chrome-lined?
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 7:18:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Yep, it's chrome lined and has a "7" stamped into the barrel extension...Are there any numbers on LMT barrels that differentiate them from others? There are some numbers on the FSB:
"1AI2" and then a tiny "L". I know I definitely have an LMT upper receiver since it has the LMT mark on it but I'm wondering about the barrel now...
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 7:32:11 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Yep, it's chrome lined and has a "7" stamped into the barrel extension...Are there any numbers on LMT barrels that differentiate them from others? There are some numbers on the FSB:
"1AI2" and then a tiny "L". I know I definitely have an LMT upper receiver since it has the LMT mark on it but I'm wondering about the barrel now...

Very interesting.  I wonder what the "7" means.  On a Colt gun, a "4" on the extension means M4 extension.  Perhaps LMT does make 1:9 twist barrels, but the marking doesn't correspond to the markings they put on their 1:7 barrels.  Did you buy the upper from an individual?  
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 7:43:15 PM EDT
[#8]
I purchased it from a company several months ago and put it into storage shortly after receiving it (in the midst of a relocation). I am just now breaking it out for assembly and realize maybe I should have looked it over more than I did...Maybe it's an early production LMT?
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 7:48:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Try contacting LMT...

www.lewismachine.biz/

I emailed them with a barrel question and got a reply.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 8:01:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Mail away, thanks for the suggestion.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 9:11:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Got a reply from LMT this morning - thumbs up to LMT's customer service!

Evidently, according to the markings, I do have an LMT barrel.  What I thought was a "7" stamped into the barrel extension is actually an "L". So, LMT does make 1/9 barrels...
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 12:28:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Here's a little update.

Take this with a grain of salt, as it's all hearsay from me.

According to LMT (have to take their word for it), they proof load test and magnetic particle inspect the following:

1) barrels
2) bolts

-Jim
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 12:44:18 PM EDT
[#13]
LMT has made some runs of 16" 1/9 M4 uppers. No chrome.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top