Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/17/2004 9:15:18 PM EDT
I just received my DD 12.0 FSP and wondering if the DPMS multi tool "peg" wrench ok to installed it. I have seened a few FF tube with gas holes torque out of shape. I worry
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 9:44:00 PM EDT
[#1]
I just installed my DD 12 and used the DPMS 2 peg free float wrench (the one with the wide opening that is just for round free float tubes).  I don't think the opening in the DPMS Multi tool is large enough to fit around the DD Nut, so best to stick with the free float specific wrench.   I have had the problem on the cheaper tubes with the peg holes torgue way out of shape, but the DD tube seems to be much stronger even though it is about half the weight of the others.  I had to really crank it to get the hole to align and took it on and off about 5 times to get the threads seated.  The holes barely showed it.  
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 10:52:20 PM EDT
[#2]
I 'm gonna take the two out and see if the pegs will fit into the hole's on the DD tube. I just worry that when I actually start torquing the nut I would accidentally bent the holes! I'll be pi## beyond believe.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 11:41:33 PM EDT
[#3]
I used a DPMS multi wrench on my DD 12.0, and there were no problems whatsoever.   2 peg works fine.  Even more foolproof than barreling with a regular barrel nut.

As for bending the holes, you shouldn't be torquing the heck out of this $325 handguard anyway.  Hand tight, then torque to the next hole.  That's plenty tight and there's no chance of damage to the barrel nut.

DD tubes rock!  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top