Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2004 7:17:05 PM EDT
Hey guys I'm looking to start camoing some of my rifles and wanted to see some of the different patterns you have used.  I'm probably going to start with my Remmy 700 first, and then maybe the AR.  Heck, I may even gun kote the 1911 two tone if I get to feelin froggy.  So if you don't mind, post those pics!!

-Hershey
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 7:39:23 PM EDT
[#1]
IMO you should keep it somewhat  simple. If you don't you'd end up with a camo job that will work really well in one very specific environment, but stand out anywhere else. I used 3 colors, brown as the base coat, and two different shades of green for breaking it up a little. I am by no means a professional
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 5:59:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 6:03:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Hey witch doctor, that is sweet. That is the 1st camo job I've seen that I would do to mine. I'm thinking of buying a used one and painting it. What do you think? Cheaper than refinishing. What paint/process did you use?
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 6:49:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Witch-Doctor,

I too like your paint scheme, kind of woodland, but not...

I'm thinking of using Aluma-Hide II, what did you use?

MM,

I can't see your pic!

-Hershey
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 6:51:33 PM EDT
[#5]

TG
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 7:14:06 PM EDT
[#6]

Link Posted: 9/18/2004 7:51:41 PM EDT
[#7]
heh. I get paranoid about doing things to expensive rifles so I used H.S. Camo REMOVEABLE spray paint

Next time I'll probably use the permanant stuff
I just cut out my own stencils for specific shapes.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 8:03:38 PM EDT
[#8]
I don't know how to upload my pics.  If someone will tell me, I'll post mine.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 4:49:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top