Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/16/2004 7:48:10 PM EDT
just came across this, i dont know much about this manufacter, (FN)  any info would be appreciated, trying to build new 20" rifle,thanks. hot linkingwww.gunsnstuffonline.com/index.aspx?pagename=moreinfo&uniqueid=3532476
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 7:55:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 7:55:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Last I heard they wont be in stock for a while. If you order one check stock first.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 7:57:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Get more info on the upper.  FN barrels are stamped "FNMI MP 5.56 NATO 1/7".  They are high quality barrels.  It is likely NOT FN, but you never know.  FN has a gov't contract and aren't allowed to sell to the public.

FN generally means the seller doesn't "F'N" know who made the parts.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 8:15:50 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Get more info on the upper.  FN barrels are stamped "FNMI MP 5.56 NATO 1/7".  They are high quality barrels.  It is likely NOT FN, but you never know.  FN has a gov't contract and aren't allowed to sell to the public.

FN generally means the seller doesn't "F'N" know who made the parts.

Where do you get this info? Im not trying to be a smartass I just want to know. Why would a .gov contract exclude you from civilian sales?
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 8:35:33 PM EDT
[#5]

Where do you get this info? Im not trying to be a smartass I just want to know. Why would a .gov contract exclude you from civilian sales?

I think in this case, it's simply a part of FN's contract with the DOD.  It's a shame, the FN A2's I've seen in my agency's inventory are top flight-quality (better than recent Colts).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top