Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/16/2004 10:01:17 AM EDT
I'm sure this has been covered before, but can't seem to find it in any searches...   Any of the 16" lightweight barrels out there chrome lined?   Model 1 seems to be the cheapest, but they aren't chrome lined.   Bushy lists them as well, but more pricey and doesn't say either way - although they do state, in general, most bbls are chrome lined.  

Thanks,
Rocko
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 10:02:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Bushy is chrome lined.  Colt is chrome lined.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 10:02:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Bushmaster and some Colt barrels.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 10:05:51 AM EDT
[#3]
I just got a J&T kit w/a lightweight barrel. It is chrome lined,but you must specify chrome lined when ordering.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 10:24:00 AM EDT
[#4]
What J&T kit was it?   The only thing similar I saw was in the "expedition" kit, which has an integral MB - and post AWB, I want it threaded for sure.    Guess I'll probably go with the bushy then.

Rocko
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 1:05:35 PM EDT
[#5]
My Colt 16" pencil barrel has a chromed chmaber but not a chromed bore.

The Bushmaster 16" pencil barrel I used to have was chromed all the way through.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 4:53:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Call Jesse at J&T and let him know what you want. I remember a thread not to long ago in the Industry forum about them having preban LW's in stock.  I know the catalogue and web site have not been updated in quite a while.

He can probably help you out, and save you some money....good luck.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 5:22:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks - I looked in the J&T forum and saw the post about them there.   However, new wrinkle.   I was looking to go w/ YHM spectre length HG's on this upper, but it looks like the bushy and J&T aer .625 at the gas block.   Model 1 doesn't specific, but the pic looks like .750 (and the J&T post hints at this).   Seems like .625 GB's are in short supply, and IIRC, YHM didn't specify (or give as an option) the bbl diameter for their specter GB, so I'm assuming that it is .750.   Anyone know if YHM, or any other manufacturers, offer a GB that fits under the specter length HG's?

Thanks,
Rocko
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 5:26:36 PM EDT
[#8]
One option is to just use the front sight base that comes with the barrel and cut the top off so it'll fit under the handguards.  I personally would set the front sight base aside and keep looking for something that'll fit the barrel, but if you know that you'll only use the barrel with long tubes...
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 8:30:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Rocko,

FYI, I was considering a similiar setup last May. I built an upper with a 16" lightweight barrel and rifle length forend. When I was considering the BM barrel, I noticed the same thing. I contacted YHM about the availability of a .625" Spectre GB. They told me that they would make one for me - no extra charge.

The customer service guy was so good, that a week later I decided to go with the Model 1 barrel (.750" gas block) so I didn't need a special GB. I placed the order via the website, and the next morning, I recieved an e-mail from the guy asking if I needed the custom GB. He was able to associate my web order with my name from an e-mail a week earlier. There was no mention of the special GB on the order, but he put 2 and 2 together and followed up to make certain that I got the correct configuration, BEFORE shipping the order! I was impressed.

If you choose to go with the BM barrel, contact YHM and they will make it work.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top