Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/16/2004 8:38:36 AM EDT
I have a Colt Lightweight Sporter bought around 1992. It has the strange half cut up bolt, blocked lower and the large front disassembly pin.

I would like to switch to a flat top receiver so I can mount a nice Aimpoint on it correctly. I was thinking of doing this myself.

What receiver would work with this rifle?

Do I also need a rail hand guard to get an Aimpoint in the correct location? I keep seeing pictures of the back of the Aimpoint even with the back of the ejection port. Is this correct?
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 8:55:05 AM EDT
[#1]
How much do you want to spend?

Regards,
Gary
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 9:27:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Daniel Defense big hole upper flat top
imo
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 10:03:57 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Daniel Defense big hole upper flat top
imo

Bingo
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 11:10:56 AM EDT
[#4]

The Daniel Defense big hole upper flat top looks very interesting, but they don't have much info about it on their site.  Do many members here have them?

Is $225 usual for upper receivers?

This part make me wonder:
"Note: This product is currently out of stock. We are currently taking orders, the next available shipping date will be Sept. '03.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 5:15:58 PM EDT
[#5]

Will a regular upper receiver like a Bushmaster work with offset pins?

Link Posted: 9/16/2004 7:37:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Yes it will work........
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 9:09:21 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Yes it will work........

Hmmmm.  Well that opens up a whole new world.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top