Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/16/2004 7:57:40 AM EDT
Hello, I was wondering if these are any good.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 8:04:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Presuming you're talking about an FAL receiver, they are the closest thing to a factory FN receiver you can buy.

If Imbel is making AR receivers I've never seen one.

Imbel makes all of the frames for Springfield's 1911s. They make high-quality firearms for the Brazilian military.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 9:04:41 AM EDT
[#2]
For FAL's they are the Standard against which all other recievers are measured.  Building with an IMBEL usually yeilds no surprises.

--usp_fan
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 8:37:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Yup, you won't be sorry with an Imbel.  It's a great receiver.

Coonan receivers will shortly be available with markings not previously seen on receivers made in this country.  And, they count as a US part, too.  (Both G1 and StG-58 like markings will be available, and you can get the serial numbers you want to match your parts kit).

Personally, I prefer the Imbel about the best of all, although all the recent Coonan receivers that I have seen have looked really good, and they built well...

Check out the FAC thread on falfiles.com for more info.

And have fun building the rifle.

Link Posted: 9/17/2004 4:37:37 AM EDT
[#4]
I just built my first FAL with an Imbel and the build went great!  I have two more builds to do and I am doing those on DSA receivers but it isn't because I have any worry about the Imbel...  I just wanted examples of the Type 1, 2, and 3 receiver...

Some details quarterbore.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=29
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top