Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/16/2004 2:47:39 AM EDT
Here is a summary review of Colts Law Enforcement Carbine LE6920.
Please excuse other posts of mine in last day about almost same subject. I used them to aquire this info and wanted to have it in one place.
I found Three known versions 3.
------------------------------------------
common to all.....?..........
flash hider
bayo
1/7 chrome 5.56 cmp bbl, m4 ramps, m4 stamp upper, m4 bbl. 16.1 inch
H type buffer
RAS numbers
2 mags 20rnd, sling, clean kit, manual
large fire control pins
unmilled sear block
restricted markings
blue lable
m4 hand guards
old type 4 position buffer tube and new type ribbed telstock
bolt carrier is colt cut out style.
crush washer for flash hider.
staked on buffer tube.
------------------------------------------------
there are the three different versions.

version 1. made by colt mfg, marked safe and semi.

version 2. made by colt defense marked safe and fire

version 3. made by colt defense marked safe and semi

---------------------------------------------------
from what i have gathered, all guns are very nice and are prized by their owners.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 4:32:27 PM EDT
[#1]
OK, well what is the explanation for the lower differences in semi v. fire and Colt Defense v. Colt Manuf.?  Mine is a "Version 3" and while it's pretty cool, I don't find it to be any more well made or finished than my RRA, which, btw, has milspec fire control pins and no silly "sear block" in the back.  I got mine for collector purposes.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 4:41:59 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
OK, well what is the explanation for the lower differences in semi v. fire and Colt Defense v. Colt Manuf.?  Mine is a "Version 3" and while it's pretty cool, I don't find it to be any more well made or finished than my RRA, which, btw, has milspec fire control pins and no silly "sear block" in the back.  I got mine for collector purposes.

Yes, but your RRA has a silly high shelf sear block which accomplishes the same PC thing.  Your RRA also has it's own unique spec in the area of the rear takedown lug.  Definitely, not "mil-spec".  BTW, I'm not bashing RRA as I think they are one of the better makers and I've used several of their receivers for builds.  In fact, I prefer them when I can't get Colt receivers.  I'm just trying to squash the spreading of misinformation about Colt.  
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 6:16:50 PM EDT
[#3]
mines version 2
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 7:21:59 PM EDT
[#4]
I have more Colts than anything (3 colts, 2 Bushmaster, 2 RRA).  Colt is great, but I can't distinguish much in the way of function ,fit, and finish between the two RRA's.  I'm not bashing Colt, just not saying they crush the competition.

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes, but your RRA has a silly high shelf sear block which accomplishes the same PC thing.  Your RRA also has it's own unique spec in the area of the rear takedown lug.  Definitely, not "mil-spec".  BTW, I'm not bashing RRA as I think they are one of the better makers and I've used several of their receivers for builds.  In fact, I prefer them when I can't get Colt receivers.  I'm just trying to squash the spreading of misinformation about Colt.  

Link Posted: 9/17/2004 1:51:54 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What specificly is the difference in the takedown pin dimensions? I could care less about the high sear shelf.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 2:05:09 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What specificly is the difference in the takedown pin dimensions? I could care less about the high sear shelf.

RRA machines the gap where the takedown lug goes a little tighter to create a better fit between upper and lower receivers.  
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 2:08:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 2:09:44 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Is the reciever marked "AR-15" on this model gun?

Nope...just Colts Law Enforcement Carbine.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 12:24:57 PM EDT
[#9]
I think I'm gonna have to get one!
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 2:44:17 AM EDT
[#10]
There are inconsistencies with Colt.   Three coworkers and I bought them in 1997 ($760 ish).   What is different than your list for ALL the ones we bought:

No m4 stamp  
No RAS numbers
No ribbed telestock

Also, although the front pivot holes were small, they did not have pushpins (screw instead) and they were not drilled for pins either.  

See page 6 with pics:
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=191733
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 7:17:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Don't know if this is a fourth version. I have one with version 2 but has a heavy barrel underneath the handguard. Verified it is heavy barrel, as first thing I did was handguards off and sure enough, the barrel does not taper like in the standard M4.  Blue label on box says LE6920HB. Purportedly only 300 were made by Colt Defense. Did I hit gold here? I think I'm gonna pick up a second one since I'm now bitten by the AR bug BIG TIME. If I wasn't married, I'd pick up the rest of their stock.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top