Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2004 7:33:42 AM EDT
I have read somewhere about 7 or 8 oz buffers.  Any one know where to get them?
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:37:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Try Wolff.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:40:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Check the Cav Arms section on the Industry Forum. I started a thread on this a few days ago. Cav Arms is working on a prototype now.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:43:13 AM EDT
[#3]
JT Distributing sells Colt 9mm buffers.  I'm using one in my new M4 along with a Wolff heavy buffer spring.  Works great.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:08:44 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I have read somewhere about 7 or 8 oz buffers.  Any one know where to get them?

Ken Elmore - SAWLESALES, expect to pay $99 per copy.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 9:26:33 AM EDT
[#5]
MGI RRB Rate/Recoil Reducing Buffer.

Heavy as the 9mm X buffer, but includes an "active" sliding weight/plunger system inside it, which gives counter-motion to counter-act  the reciprocating masses of the bolt/carrier. The heavy buffers slow the initial part of the cycle, but actually hit the back of the receiver extension(buffer tube) just as hard when they come to the back end. The MGI RRB has a short plunger which sets the internal tungsten sliding weights into forward motion just before the buffer hits the back of the tube, thus greatly reducing the perceived recoil impact of the heavy buffer hitting the back of the tube.

Much more controllable under fire than other buffers.
Also more expensive.
Once you try one, you'll never go back to a "normal" buffer again.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 5:54:09 PM EDT
[#6]
#1  Sawlesales Rifle Parts

#2  Just for your info....

BUFFER WEIGHTS

Rifle - 5.15oz, made of aluminum

CAR - 2.9oz, made of aluminum

H - 3.77oz

H2 - 4.7oz

H3 – 5.6oz

9mm - 5.47oz, made of steel

Special purpose buffers designed for suppressed SMG's or 9mm carbines using high pressure (+P+) ammunition

9mm A - 6.3oz  CAR style buffer

9mm B - 7.1oz CAR style buffer

9mm X - 7.9oz CAR style buffer
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 6:28:31 PM EDT
[#7]

If I have any money left after this weekend's gunshow (Little Rock) I am going to get me one of those X buffers or maybe the MGI.
I am still a little new to FA, learning tho.
Many thanks to all.
Clay
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 4:44:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Clay,

I'm not a big fan of DPMS, but I just purchased 2 of their heavy counter weight carbine buffers.  The buffers are 5.5 oz a piece....Retail on them is $59, but if you are LEO, have a buisness, etc. you can get them from Brownell's for $25

Semper Fi
Jeff
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top