Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/12/2004 11:00:58 PM EDT
Already feel I got taken in the post-AWB world...

Anyway, bought a complete Colt M4 Stock from a vendor today at the Phoenix show based on a reliable recommendation that the vendor was honest.

Its a 4 Position tube with what appears to be the new gen M4 Stock, 3 ribs along the side?  Has the curved rise at the end so it appears to be a Colt and was visually identical to one on a Colt LE Only rifle.

What I didn't check was the fit on the end when the stock was compeletely collapsed.  Between the buffer tube and buttplate is a gap, around 1/4 inch.

I wanted Colt for the mil-spec tube in case I wanted to try one of the aftermarket stocks at a later date.

I thought Colt made 4 Position M4 Stocks so I didn't think anything of it.  I thought the 4 and 6 POS where the same length, only less holes.

Well, did I get screwed?
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 4:40:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Rest easy grasshopper and enjoy our victory!

All Colt M4 stocks have that gap when collapsed.

Link Posted: 9/13/2004 6:29:50 AM EDT
[#2]
mine rattles slightly and the hinge is a little loose from side to side, is this typical of all M4 Stocks?  I didn't check the others for fit when I bought them...

also, is this the same tube used for Colt CAR stocks?
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 7:21:18 AM EDT
[#3]
anyone have anything else to add?  are LMT 6 Position stocks flush with buttplate when collapsed?
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 9:35:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Sure I'll add.

That is the way it is supposed to be on your Colt.

The LMT is the same way. LMT's a 5 position not 6.

Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 9:48:45 AM EDT
[#5]
A while back, I purchased a pre-ban (Like that nomenclature means anything anymore.. Yeah!!!) colt Sporter, with an M-4 type DPMS Upper.  The rifle also had a colapsable stock.  However, it came with a really cool buttplate recoil pad.  I have no idea who the manufacturer is, but it fits really well, and adds an additional level of recoil control and is slip proof!  Pick up one of these, and you will not even notice that the stock is not flush!

See ya,
JMS
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 3:36:06 PM EDT
[#6]
colt LE6920 are shipped with a 4 position old version tube and a new ribbed version telstock. that is why there is a gap between closed stock and tube.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 3:41:19 PM EDT
[#7]
We got a shipment of Colt M4s to replace our old M4s a couple of months ago .  The came with the new ribbed 4 position stock.  They have that gap and some rattle slightly.  But they seem tighter than my two RRA 6 pos stocks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top