Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2004 9:42:11 AM EDT
Are there any stability or rigidity considerations concerns when choosing between the ARMS SIR C and M models?  Seems the C has less cross section in the area where it transitions from top rail to forward tube because of the slip-ring cutout.

Thanks,
Rich
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 9:45:12 AM EDT
[#1]
The top rail is totally rigid, the bottom rail, the plastic piece, wobbles a bit.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 11:03:41 AM EDT
[#2]
mine is solid like a rock. but yeah the lower
section is made of plastic
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 12:04:49 PM EDT
[#3]
The C and M both mount to the barrel nut via a barrel nut choke.  Both should be just as solid and rigid if they are installed properly.

BTW, I've also been told that the military actually favored the C over the M because it didn't require removal of the delta ring assembly.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 4:06:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah, I'd also read that the C model was the preferred military model.

And FWIW, I have a SIR Model #45C for sale on the EE (sorry, couldn't resist!).  

Will
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 6:01:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the input, guys.  Whoa, did not know the bottom piece was plastic.  Pulling the bbl is not a big deal for me.  I'm sort of leaning toward the 58 MOD which doesn't come in a C.  WillMunny, thanks for the plug (!!), I'm sorta leaning towards a slimline model though.  Why are you getting rid of yours, and what are you replacing it with?
Rich
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 3:40:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Rich,

Frankly, I'm just a "geardo", like lots of folks here, and am looking to sell a few extra things to help fund a new project.  I've loved my SIR: rock-solid, easy to install, excellent barrel cooling, easy to clean, lots of real estate to mount accessories, and cool-looking

If you change your mind, it's still on the EE--and a steal at $300 bucks (somebody stop me!).

Will  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top