Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/10/2004 5:58:11 PM EDT
I don't know if one of these exist.  I honestly don't know anything about folding stocks (other than the AWB).

I don't guess it has to be left folding, as long as it doesn't get in the way with operation when folded (either with the trigger or ejection port).  

I'm having a tough time coming across unique stocks.  All I see are short A2, M4, Skeleton.  That's about it :(
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 6:01:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Unless you have a ZM or OA upper, folding stocks on an AR is a NO-GO.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 6:19:22 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

until monday.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 6:29:02 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

until monday.

I'll be waiting on pictures of your folding stocked (non ZM or OA uppered) AR-15 on monday. Buffer tube?  No pistoleros either.  
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:03:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Well pooh.  Figured the buffer tube may be a problem...

What a ZM or OA upper be looking at price wise, and do they make shortys (6-7.5")?

Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:11:29 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Well pooh.  Figured the buffer tube may be a problem...

What a ZM or OA upper be looking at price wise, and do they make shortys (6-7.5")?

ZM

OA
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:22:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Ooooooh

http://www.quarterbore.com/images/oatcp.jpg

Daddy like

Exactly what I'm looking for, availible with a FRISH handguard too.

Unfortunately, from what I've gathered, the OA-93TCP is for sale to LEO only.  Can't buy the rifle complete.  But does look like you can buy the upper if you provide ownership of the ATF stuff regarding SBR registration.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 10:14:25 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
until monday.

Link Posted: 9/11/2004 12:40:31 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

until monday. hr

You can put  a collapsible stock on an AR on monday as long as your state laws will allow it. It is physically impossible to put a folding stock on a regular AR due to the buffer tube. The ZM system does not use the buffer tube. ZM makes a folding and collapsible stock for their rifles. I have no idea what the OA uppers are.

Its still a rifle and must have a barrel lenght of 16", or be a registered short barreled rifle. The "assult weapons ban" has nothing to do with the National Firarms Act of 1934 which regulates short barreled rifles/shotguns, sound suppressors, and automatic weapons. State laws again can come in to effect here as well. For example in Missouri you can own an automatic weapon or a short barreled shotgun or rifle. You can not as as an individual own a sound suppressor however (which sucks).

Jason
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top