Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/10/2004 3:07:21 PM EDT
I saw them in Brownells, and then check on their site.  Anyone have experience with them.  Says they are machined from solid stock, which would be plenty strong.   Anyone have one???
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 5:57:47 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I saw them in Brownells, and then check on their site.  Anyone have experience with them.  Says they are machined from solid stock, which would be plenty strong.   Anyone have one???

I have one.  Very heavily made.  Some neat engineering.  In egneral, I would not suggest someone get one unless they want to have something unusual or like to be able to set overtravel with set screws as part of the lower...

mark
[email protected]
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 5:58:20 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

I have one.  Very heavily made.  Some neat engineering.  In egneral, I would not suggest someone get one unless they want to have something unusual or like to be able to set overtravel with set screws as part of the lower...

mark
[email protected]
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 6:58:26 PM EDT
[#3]
but they are ok to build with standard parts kits ie. RRA lower kits.  I want something unusual, and the overtravel seems like a nice thing to play with....
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 9:24:16 PM EDT
[#4]
They are great quality and heavy receivers. Last time I checked Ernie was in jail, so I don't know the status with SOCOM's production. The website doesn't appear to have been updated in quite a while.

Sammy
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 9:28:29 PM EDT
[#5]
In jail for????....lol

That is kind of a pet peeve of mine, .... you know... the whole giving money to crooks....
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 12:57:48 AM EDT
[#6]

Last time I checked Ernie was in jail

Why you spreading crap?
Stop by and see him at his shop. He was there yesterday.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 1:39:22 AM EDT
[#7]
I am not meaning to spread crap. I said LAST TIME I CHECKED. I have not heard from him on the boards. To answer the other question, I am refering to the RPD M11 incident.

Sammy

Quoted:

Last time I checked Ernie was in jail

Why you spreading crap?
Stop by and see him at his shop. He was there yesterday.

Link Posted: 9/11/2004 9:30:54 AM EDT
[#8]
I have one and it is a pretty good lower - very different - machined from a solid billet ...

Very pricey and the finish seems to be thin and scratches very easily ...

I would not buy another one.

NTY
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 12:51:59 PM EDT
[#9]

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=12&t=193551

They work well for a bench type or hunting gun.

Sharp corners and thick edges make them not the best idea for a run and gun, shtf, defensive, or all purpose gun.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 1:34:23 PM EDT
[#10]
WHat's the problem with the RPD M-11's?  I thought thel looked cool, but someone was telling me they thought that it would be a problem
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 7:18:57 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=12&t=193551

pic5.picturetrail.com/VOL77/858902/2267174/52171522.jpg

They work well for a bench type or hunting gun.

Sharp corners and thick edges make them not the best idea for a run and gun, shtf, defensive, or all purpose gun.

why did you put a telescope on your rifle, shooting the moon

lol
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 7:27:41 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
WHat's the problem with the RPD M-11's?  I thought thel looked cool, but someone was telling me they thought that it would be a problem

ATF says they are a problem.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 6:49:00 AM EDT
[#13]
SOCOM Manufacturing is pretty much out of buisness.  I used to have him do some gun-smithing for me in the past, but he and the ATF had a few "disagreements", and I think the legal problems will be costly...a buddy of mine that knew him well said he was closing that aspect of his buisness down and selling most of his Class III stuff.  He may still be manufacturing the receivers, but I know he's dealing with some more serious issues right now.

ROCK6
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 10:29:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Guys,

We should support him with our business.  He tried to create some new products that few people even thought of.  If we walked away from ever vendor who ran across problems, there would not be many people left to manufacture items.

mark
[email protected]
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 11:46:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Tell him to refund his customers who purchased their RPD M11/9's or SAW M11/9's and people might be interested in supporting him. At this point HIS customers are in possession of a post-sample machinegun!

Sammy

Quoted:
Guys,

We should support him with our business.  He tried to create some new products that few people even thought of.  If we walked away from ever vendor who ran across problems, there would not be many people left to manufacture items.

mark
[email protected]

Link Posted: 9/13/2004 1:02:41 AM EDT
[#16]
The receivers were made by Armitage International out of Seneca SC. I believe they are marked that way. Has a nice big ad in a local mag to buy your auto collections so I doubt he is going out.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 1:11:30 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Tell him to refund his customers who purchased their RPD M11/9's or SAW M11/9's and people might be interested in supporting him. At this point HIS customers are in possession of a post-sample machinegun!

In that case he SHOULD refund, if his conversion it illegal.  I have heard a lot of BS about him but a lot of it is ho air.  Your situation needs to be taken care of by Ernie.

It seems unusual that ATF allows you to keep a post sample.  Normally they would have already called and visited you.  They did this with many parts kits that were not destroyed correctly.  Keep us updated.  Best of luck!

mark
[email protected]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top