Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/10/2004 12:39:18 PM EDT
Hey guys im new here and need some help.  im planning on getting my first ar15 and dont know which company is better now that we have access to the LEO models, some advice would be helpful.  Thanks
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 2:24:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Welcome.

First off, the search button is your friend, and will help you while you wait for members to reply to your question which is a pretty common one.  Second, remember your alphabet

A-Armalite,
B-Bushmaster,
C-Colt,
D-DPMS,
R-Rock River Arms.

RRA and Bushmaster are great vaues for the money, and Amralite and Colt demand more money for their name rifles of comparable quality.  DPMS is good as well, slightly below the above mentioned.

I own a RRA A4, and I love it, and whould highly recommend their rifles for both quality and cost.

Also, www.adcofirearms.com can help you with whatever rifle or parts needs you can think of.  

Have a good day!

-Redfoot
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 2:27:15 PM EDT
[#2]
For the money?  The Bushmaster M4.  All the stuff you need, at the best price.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 2:33:19 PM EDT
[#3]
What they said.

And welcome to the site.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 3:38:18 PM EDT
[#4]
pre-ban, post-ban, post-post-ban <--- that is the question ... if you intend to replace the your hand guard, buttstock and sights, you might not even need to think about that decision ... the only remaining items to consider would be bayonet lug (hehe..if you think you realllllly need it) and flash hider (A2 bird cages are nice, but sexier FHs are available)  good luck with your decision !
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 3:58:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Colt first, Bushy second.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 7:34:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Welcome to ARs.  My money is with Bushmaster.  Which ever way you go, I would get an A3 upper.  An M4 with any of the ACOGs is though to argue with.  The more versitile you rifle is, the better.  Happy shopping.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 7:49:39 PM EDT
[#7]
case of brd.................................. its bad.
most people that i know that have been around ar's for awhile all either have colt or bushy or both.
i wish i could be buying one or ten more but i cant.
kaliban

meat
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top