Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/8/2004 9:22:27 AM EDT
Greetings,

Can anybody give me any insight on these "carbon/aramid fiber" lowers?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 10:22:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Try doing a search first.  But beware, there are a crew of guys here that feel obligated to bash because Vulcan was once Hesse.  I have a had very good luck with mine (uppers and lower).
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 10:25:26 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm not going to bash because they're hesse.  I'm just bashing the whole idea of a composite lower.  WTF is the problem with METAL?
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 10:42:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 11:12:49 AM EDT
[#4]
I recent was in volved in a build on a Vulcan upper and lower. It was not easy. Had problems getting the accuracy speaks trigger to work (problem with the way the lower was manufactured).

Less effort to get a standard set-up working properly. Just my .02.

MIke
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 2:57:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Vulcan/Hesse = "You're fired."
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 5:50:12 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Try doing a search first.  But beware, there are a crew of guys here that feel obligated to bash because Vulcan was once Hesse.  I have a had very good luck with mine (uppers and lower).

Our group built a S/L U/L Vulcan - I love it and it performs very well so far.

1+
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 5:57:48 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I recent was in volved in a build on a Vulcan upper and lower. It was not easy. Had problems getting the accuracy speaks trigger to work (problem with the way the lower was manufactured).

Less effort to get a standard set-up working properly. Just my .02.

MIke

I was "Supervisor" on this buiild (read that as "just watched") - EVERYTHING is a tight tolerance. Problem with trigger group was rear of trigger would hit rear of trigger "pocket" before reaching hammer release point. A few strokes on file on this area giving trigger more travel eliminated this problem and we were good to go. It took a Master Gunsmith to figure this out because it presented itself as a trigger to safety fitting problem.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 12:44:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks fer the replys!h
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top