User Panel

Posted: 9/7/2004 7:44:44 AM EDT
good? bad? was thinking about one curious to see what you guys think about it

Thanks

Murph..

Anybody
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 12:30:35 PM EDT
[#1]
The Badger "type" handles are for benchguns  only, because it will jab you in the ribs when used with a sling.

For a field gun, you need the PRI Military latch.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 5:34:08 PM EDT
[#2]
For a lefthander I here it's pretty good.

Right right hand's another story.

The thing fucking sucks.
Get's caught on everything, engages and disengages
like it has a mind of itself , and clicks and rubs
away aluminum pieces off the upper reciever
retention notch basically over time
destroying your upper.

Link Posted: 9/7/2004 6:42:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 6:57:46 PM EDT
[#4]
I got a badger on two rifles.  The M4gery I shoot 90% of the time, and a varmint rifle.  The varmint rifle, I love it, because it help with the scope being in the way.

The M4, I love it as well.... of course, I am a lefty, so it doesnt jab or hang up on anything for me.... and I take tactical classes and shoot my carbine slung, with gear, etc...  I have learned a lot about what works and most what doesnt work for me, but the Badger tac latch has never been a problem, and gives me a more positive gripping surface to charge the rifle.... and perform malf clearing drills while still holding aim on my target.

I dont consider it one of the most important accesories on a rifle, but I like mine just fine.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 8:37:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the advice
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 7:03:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Every rifle should have a PRI latch on it.  It never snags or pokes you yet provides easy one or two handed operation.  It is the be all end all of latches.  It is great for right or left hand use.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 9:02:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Well, I order a PRI latch tonight, based on this thread.  We will see if this lefty likes it.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 8:43:24 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
For a field gun, you need the PRI Military latch.

Have a link to a source?
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 8:50:19 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Have a link to a source?

www.gandrtactical.com/pri_files/pri_ml.htm
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 8:55:44 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Have a link to a source?

www.gandrtactical.com/pri_files/pri_ml.htm

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 4:38:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Well, I got my PRI latch installed.

I am not that impressed.  

Yes, its much better than the stock latch.  

Yes, it doesnt hang up as easily on clothing, etc.  I could see if you were a right handed person, this latch would be more advantageous.  

However, the badger is still easier to operate on a scoped weapon....  and easier for "reverse hand" charging.

I can see how the badger could break easier than this PRI one.   I am still mulling.... I will probably keep the PRI on my M4.... but my scoped rifles will keep the badgers.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top