Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/6/2004 4:01:03 PM EDT
Who makes a good copy (or the real thing) of the latest SPR (or SAM-R) upper and how much should one expect to pay?  This is less the optics, bipod, and bipod mount.  Thanks and sorry if this question has been answered too many times.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 4:06:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 4:37:21 PM EDT
[#2]
WaA135- My opinion- is that the Knight sniper match is the best clone there is for this type of rifle.

Quoted:
SNIP-. You can use a quality forend like DD, LaRue, PRI, KAC, or one of those second rate YHM pieces. -SNIP.

Why do you say this?
A recent thread speaks of the virtues of YHM rails. Many dealers and knowledgable people have come forward in this.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=12&t=196428

I did note that you do not appear to sell their products however. Any reason for that or the dig on them?
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 4:39:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 4:49:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Unless you use some other alternative means of locking the YHM rail system (like a rail that bridges between the receiver and the rail system), I GUARANTEE that I can make that rail system move when "locked" in place, especially if you have a FVG hanging off of it.  I had a few of them, "bumped" one of mine once and noticed the rail system had moved.  They aren't a bad product, they just have that one "fatal flaw" that is unacceptable to me.  I quit using them at that point.  Won't use them anymore.  

Additionally, they were quite heavy, even the "light" version.  No comparison to the DD or LaRue.

Most would be completely happy with them.  I wasn't.  Just my personal preferences.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 4:49:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 4:55:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Bigbore, you have mail.  
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 6:13:37 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I sell or build with Daniel Defense, KAC, LaRue and Pri forends.  I’m sorry for referring to YHM as second rate, that’s not true – they make good products, but I have more specific requirements for my customers when it comes to railed  forends.  I know I'm not the only dealer here who feels this way.

Gotcha!
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 8:29:44 PM EDT
[#8]
If you want one made, and since I know ADCO won't promote themselves (too much ), I will throw in my praise for their work.  Adco makes some damn nice SPR uppers.  If I had the money, I wouldn't hesitate to throw some at them for one, but college is a bitch.  
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 8:39:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Steve has been quite courteous and patient in answering all of my questions, which he has likely heard thousands of times.  Looks like ADCO is going to get the nod as they have all the parts I want to incorporate and are competitively priced, though I havent heard from everyone.  It may take a bit, but I'll report back when I get it and am tearing up paper.  Decided to go this route as my M25 clone is getting a new barrel.  Before, I did not want to mess with the BPT mount, rings, and Leupold M3 on it as it was really doing great at the range.  Now that the mount and glass is coming off, I noted it would fit fine on a flattop too, so I am going to try a SPR while I wait.  Who knows, the M1A may end up a standard McMillan stocked NM with open sights.............

Quoted:
If you want one made, and since I know ADCO won't promote themselves (too much ), I will throw in my praise for their work.  Adco makes some damn nice SPR uppers.  If I had the money, I wouldn't hesitate to throw some at them for one, but college is a bitch.  

Link Posted: 9/6/2004 9:25:28 PM EDT
[#10]
I just came from my home in Texas and back here again in Cali., saw this big box with my SPR upper from Steve (ADCO)...thank again...
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 4:35:59 AM EDT
[#11]

Why do you say this?
A recent thread speaks of the virtues of YHM rails. Many dealers and knowledgable people have come forward in this.
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=12&t=196428

If they are so knowledgable they would have recommended a better system. -Justin

Link Posted: 9/7/2004 12:47:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top