Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/6/2004 3:58:36 PM EDT
    I recently acquired this SIR on a trade, today !. It looks as if the forward portion of the top rail that folds forward for installation has an "Upward Bow" in it.  As if someone over-extended it while it was opened ???

( I know the pic isn't the greatest but I hope it shows what I'm talking about  )

Should I just let the Gentleman I traded with that I'm not satisfied....

OR.....

Will A.R.M.S. check out / repair (if necessary) my SIR under warranty ??  

Anyone have any experience with A.R.M.S. Customer Service ????

Thank's for the input everyone....  

Steve

Link Posted: 9/6/2004 5:16:55 PM EDT
[#1]
I sell a lot of ARMS Mounts and Rings. They will ask you for a receipt, when you send it in.
IF you got a really good deal, you should be able to replace the "Bowed" rail and still be a head in the game. Otherwise just return it to fellow you got it from and let him deal with ARMS.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 7:55:11 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
    I recently acquired this SIR on a trade, today !. It looks as if the forward portion of the top rail that folds forward for installation has an "Upward Bow" in it.  As if someone over-extended it while it was opened ???

( I know the pic isn't the greatest but I hope it shows what I'm talking about  )

Should I just let the Gentleman I traded with that I'm not satisfied....

OR.....

Will A.R.M.S. check out / repair (if necessary) my SIR under warranty ??  

img.photobucket.com/albums/v118/Aahhyes68/AR15Copy.jpg

Anyone have any experience with A.R.M.S. Customer Service ????

Thank's for the input everyone....  

Steve

Did you check the screw that is underneath the rail? Located between rail 21 & 22, there is a screw that goes into the portion above the gas tube. See if this screw has been screwed all the way into the housing. If it is raised, this might be the cause of the rail being bowed upwards......

HTH
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 10:32:56 AM EDT
[#3]
I had great experience with ARMS customer service.  The screws in the barrel yoke of my ARMS #45 backed out making it impossible to remove the lower hand guard.  According to a gentleman in tech support this was an issue with the very early versions of the #45.  I was provided with an RSVP number and the unit was returned.  One week later a brand new ARMS #45 shows up.  Apparently the old #45 had to be cut off my upper in order to be removed.  Tech support was very helpful, and no receipt was needed.  

The Azalin
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top