Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2004 2:28:04 PM EDT
I just returned from the range to test out my new build, one of the components of which is a single-stage Accuracy Speaks trigger.  First shot, the gun doubled on me.  I put it away and came home.  I just called Accuracy Speaks and was told to call back Thursday to speak with their gunsmith, but I was hoping to have the rifle in working order early this week as I have a class coming up and wanted to have the new build as a backup.  Now, I should say two things: (1) I followed the instructions meticulously, including incrementally shaving off a small amount of metal from the back of the trigger until the safety engaged properly (this involved several iterations of installing and removing the trigger until a perfect fit had been achieved), and (2) I installed an AS trigger three years ago on another AR and had the EXACT same problem then.  I had to call AS to get additional instructions at that time and but I don't remember what they told me now (although I vaguely remember having to remove some metal from another part of the fire control gropu , -maybe the disconnector?).  I do distinctly remember them telling me that this is a common problem and that it is NOT addressed in the instruction sheet.  Apparently, after three years they still haven't taken the time to mention how a potentially dangerous problem with their product should be fixed.

Anyway, does anybody with a pretty good knowledge of the AS triggers have any idea what I need to do?
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 2:33:57 PM EDT
[#1]
I have not used the AS trigger personally, I use KAC 2-stage only or factory. There are many individuals on the site that have a lot of experience with AS triggers. so hold on, they will responsed.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 2:44:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Remove material from the underside ot the front disconctor "leg".  Your disconector is not engaging your hammer enough.  It happened to me too.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 3:08:40 PM EDT
[#3]
inkaybe,

Yes, now that you mention it, I remember that as being the problem on my first AS trigger.  Thanks much!  Now if AS can jut manage to include that simple description in their instruction sheet, they wouldn't have these types of complaints.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 3:18:28 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
inkaybe,

Yes, now that you mention it, I remember that as being the problem on my first AS trigger.  Thanks much!  Now if AS can jut manage to include that simple description in their instruction sheet, they wouldn't have these types of complaints.

The instructions a kinda vague.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 6:02:40 PM EDT
[#5]
I found it easiest to just use the disconnector from the old fire control group.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 9:33:09 PM EDT
[#6]
.... I think I'll got with the CMC trigger.  

I've done a 10/22 trigger, FAL trigger, and a Crosman airgun trigger; the AR-15 trigger was the biggest PITA to inatall.  The thought of having to take one apart several times to get things right really puts me off.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 11:13:10 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I found it easiest to just use the disconnector from the old fire control group.

+1
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 7:46:24 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Remove material from the underside ot the front disconctor "leg".  Your disconector is not engaging your hammer enough.  It happened to me too.

I am having this same problem.  Where can I find more detailed instructions for what you are talking about?  I checked AS website but didn't find anything.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 9:35:04 AM EDT
[#9]
I installed one a couple of years ago, had same problem w/ doubling.  Came back, reread the instructions, slapped myself, and finished the job.  I don't remember the specifics but I needed to remove material somewhere on the front.  It was in the instructions that came w/ the trigger.

Regards,
Randy
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 2:02:07 PM EDT
[#10]
from pages 168-169 of his book The Complete Guide to AR-15 Accuracy.

"The next step is to slowly cock the hammer, watching the gap between the disconnector and the disconnector notch on the hammer as the trigger is being cocked.  This clearance needs to be reduced to .003" or less, and is achieved by removing the disconnector and cutting the nose of the disconnector to allow the disconnector to pivot farther forward on the pin. You can leave the trigger and hammer installed; just push the trigger pin partway out to remove the disconnector."

Disconnector and disconnector notch on the hammer are the two  places between the two parts that "Point" at each other.

I've only had to do it once but is was easier to do than it sounds... just go slow and check often.

Hope this helps,

rip
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 2:41:24 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Now if AS can jut manage to include that simple description in their instruction sheet, they wouldn't have these types of complaints.

Uhh, read the instructions more carefully.  It IS in there.

I have 3 AS triggers and all instructions are the same.

Read instruction point 11B.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 7:26:30 PM EDT
[#12]
What Big D said. The instructions specify very clearly how to test and fit the disconnector. Unless you got some sort of kinda-sorta AS fcg. If you can't find your directions, e-mail me with a FAX #.

SD
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top