Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/5/2004 10:29:52 PM EDT
On the TangoDown battlegrip (& Duckbill), there is a projection on the front that covers up the slot behind the trigger; it's there to protect the middle finger from getting blisters.

Problem is, the projection prevents you from rotating the pivoting trigger guard down if you are using fingerless mittens. The standard solution to this seems to be to just remove the guard altogether if the need arises.

Today I was looking at my AR, and I noticed that the guard itself appears to be symmetrical, front and rear...

So, if you were to install the guard backwards, it should be able to be deployed (it would swing towards the magazine instead of the grip).

Anyone try this? I am not sure if the detent hole and the roll pin are the same diameter.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 11:11:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Good idea, but the problem is the front detent hole is only on one side of the receiver.  At least that's how it is on my Bushy.  You would have to drill another hole on the other side so that the roll pin can pass all the way through.  This end would then be the hinge side.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 9:00:15 PM EDT
[#2]
hat doesn't sound too hard.

But, are the holes for the roll pin and the detent  the same size?
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 9:38:46 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm no machinist, but both holes appear to be about 0.130".
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 10:06:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Eh, on the TD at least, you'd still need to file away a bit of the "duckbill". I do like the idea of reversing the guard, though, given that most modern grips don't work well with it.

..Could even help guide the magazine into the well.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 11:52:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Not to be a dick - but...

I have never needed my winter trigger guard.  Even when up in the Arctic - we use big Dummy Mitts - but run a set of contact gloves underneath so you can still use the weapon controls.  Simply flip you wrist the mitt comes off and you are blasting.

Not that this solves your problems, but was offering an alternative to using the mitts.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top